Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Is it worth buying a MEGA Joye510 kit??

Is it worth buying a MEGA Joye510 kit??

Hi I am new to this board and also new to vaping. Last week I received my joyetech501 starting kit and i've been quite impressed by it generally except just one aspect; the battery life. Both the throat hit and amount of vapor have been great and also the taste but it's just impossible with my work schedule to maintain both batteries for a full day as I have to move around a lot to multiple sites.

Last night I came across a site called heavens-gifts to find a solution and discovered the Mega battery which is listed as having a 280 mAh capacity and is supposed to last up to 2x that of a normal joye510 battery. Has anyone purchased this before and can you tell me if it actually lasted for double the time?

I also came across Mega atomizers and Mega cartridges specifically designed for the 510 so would it be worth buying all three mega items and putting them together? Would I need a new wall charger?

I will appreciate any feedback I can get because at the moment my batteries only really last an hour or so and it's just impossible for me to charge them at work.

Btw I forgot to mention that I'm using a manual ecig and tend to hold the button down for the whole time i'm dragging on it; I am not sure if this is proper and it might actually be prematurely draining the battery.

AVF Regular
    If you are going to step up, step up to an eGo. Still 510 threaded, allows you to use CE4 etc cartos if you need more juice capacity, better battery life

Cheers I didn't think of an eGo. I know the site I bought the joye510 from also had both an eGo starter kit and a cheap CE4 quick starter kit that arrives with a USB charger, 650 mAh battery and just one CE4 cartomizer which might even be easier to refill as it doesn't require an atomizer.
    All of these terms are new to me though as I learn so I didn't even contemplate which would last longer.

Sorry to correct myself but it has a Super Joye eGo kit and an Ego C kit (Tank system)
    Which one would be better for me as a beginner and also which one would last longer?

AVF Regular
    Hi Lmsb84, welcome to the forum.

If you're just looking for better battery life in the same form factor, then yes the mega battery will last longer. However you may find that for real improvements, as TimmyC said, a good option is to step up to eGo sized batteries. They start at 650mAh and go up to over 1000mAh. They have two sets of threads, eGo and 510, so they're compatible with almost everything.

Other things you could consider are Portable Charging Cases (PPCs) that are battery packs around the size of a pack of smokes, and are used to charge your ecig batteries while on the go.

In terms of chargers, you'll probably be able to use the same charger for cigarette-sized batteries. However you'll probably need a new charger if you step up to eGo devices.
    Lmsb84 likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Hello Lmsb84, the ego's are a good suggestion, but if your still looking for 510 mega batts then check out Quality E Cigs, based here in Tas and will express post the items to you ASAP, heres a link to the mega 510's and spares
    Spares for e-cigarette Joye 510

Also i highly recommend the PCC (personel chargeing case) its lasts a long time and charges up your 510 batts while still being mobil.
    e-cigarette PCC (personal charging case) starter kit, mega Joye 510

Also they can supply the eGo style batts and gear too
    Joye eGo e-cigarettes

Very freindly customer service, and very fast postage. Hope that helps

BTW the 280 Mega's last a hell of a lot longer than the standard 510's that what i used to quit the ciggs, but the eGo's will last all day before needing a charge
    Lmsb84 likes this.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

Thanks for the replies. If the ego batts last all day I think I'll have to go with that. The starter pack comes with two 900 mAh batteries which sounds enormous to me.

Plus it will be easier than having to replace the charger and get bigger cartridges I think.

AVF Regular
    apart from better battery life, if you step up to the ego batteries, you will also be able to use bigger clearomisers, which will mean not having to refill as often.

something like this Kanger EVOD Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Vapeking
    or this Vision eGo Stardust Clearomizer V3

both have replaceable coils, which means they're cheaper in the long run because you can just replace the coils and not the whole unit when the time comes.
    RichoVonBlack and vreidisgod like this.

Here's something middle of the road that you could use--sorta disguised

$5.98 EGO-W3 Pen Style Rechargeable 350mAh Electronic Cigarette - white / 2.5

Woops!, dosen't look like the matching atty portion can be changed out
    Last edited by Saxien; 02-08-13 at 06:41 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmsb84 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. If the ego batts last all day I think I'll have to go with that. The starter pack comes with two 900 mAh batteries which sounds enormous to me.

Plus it will be easier than having to replace the charger and get bigger cartridges I think.
    You can't use the little 510 battery charger on the big ego batteries...you will need to get a stronger charger for those.

I strongly recommend you get the 900mAh starter kit which should come with the right charger....better still, get an eGo C Twist starter kit. You will likely move onto wanting variable voltage anyway if you are holding down the button on your 510's longer to get more vapour/throat hit.

But I use the little 280mAh manual batteries all the time as well because they are easy to grab and take out, and they small and discreet. So I'd definitely recommend them....to solve the problem of not lasting you all day just buy 3 or 4 of them so you can take 2 fully charged ones to work with you. It takes two seconds to swap to a fresh ready-charged battery.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast