Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mod parts

AVF Regular

Mod parts

Please post your links for parts here, maybe a brief description also. I'm having a hard time finding things with good prices, like vv/vw pcb's, brass, copper firing pins, thick copper springs, brass pins, metal mod cases that are eye pleasing. etc If we work together our modding community will grow.
    Jeff
    bk_renesis likes this.

I see no one has replied! I have been checking back here hoping to get some good info!!

I usually get most of the stuff I need from either Stealthvape or Bogger Box Mods -

HOWEVER, postage is a killer usually, especially when I am only wanting a few bits and pieces at a time, so I have been grabbing stuff on eBay here and there, usually from china with free post.... BUT, I cannot seem to find a few specific bits and pieces, IE: Good solid battery contacts. The ones I get from Bogger Box Mods are by far the best (solid and quality) but again the price and postage is a bit over the top... Any help ?

And any suggestions as to what is the best material ? should I just get cheap contacts and replace the spring with brass springs (they seem easy enough to get on eBay cheap) -

Also, what the best wire to use ? like what gauge or material should I be using to limit voltage drops, especially when building standard 3.7V or 5V mods ??

I found a heap of the LM7805CV 5V regulator for dirt cheap on eBay, most of the modding sites sell the same thing for like a couple dollars a pop, and you can get them on eBay for $2 for like 10 of them,.. !

Anyone have a source on bulk 510 or eGo connectors cheap ? I have seen some on sites like Alibaba, do they usually slug massive amounts of postage?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    I see no one has replied! I have been checking back here hoping to get some good info!!

I usually get most of the stuff I need from either Stealthvape or Bogger Box Mods -

HOWEVER, postage is a killer usually, especially when I am only wanting a few bits and pieces at a time, so I have been grabbing stuff on eBay here and there, usually from china with free post.... BUT, I cannot seem to find a few specific bits and pieces, IE: Good solid battery contacts. The ones I get from Bogger Box Mods are by far the best (solid and quality) but again the price and postage is a bit over the top... Any help ?

And any suggestions as to what is the best material ? should I just get cheap contacts and replace the spring with brass springs (they seem easy enough to get on eBay cheap) -

Also, what the best wire to use ? like what gauge or material should I be using to limit voltage drops, especially when building standard 3.7V or 5V mods ??

I found a heap of the LM7805CV 5V regulator for dirt cheap on eBay, most of the modding sites sell the same thing for like a couple dollars a pop, and you can get them on eBay for $2 for like 10 of them,.. !

Anyone have a source on bulk 510 or eGo connectors cheap ? I have seen some on sites like Alibaba, do they usually slug massive amounts of postage?
    I like thick copper springs, No idea where to get them, The Siam battery endcap has dual thick copper springs. I did get some gold plated springs from fasttech, but they were either too small or too large. I'll have a look for some.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Ok found a lot of battery terminals on Buy battery spring online from RS Components
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    found a lot of battery terminals on Buy battery spring online from RS Components
    Yeah sweet, the pairs of contacts by themselves still look a bit like the cheap ones available on eBay, I have a heap of the battery holders, they are rubbish,... just looking for some nice, solid, hardy contacts like the ones they sell on Bogger Box Mods, maybe I should just buy some brass springs on eBay and make up my own contact plates out of something..... ? could work

Just checked back at madvapes, the cheapest shipping option is $42.35 - that is RIDICULOUS....... seriously. If you are planning a madvapes order anytime in the future, let me know and I will see if there is anything I want and I will jump in on the order with you and go halves in shipping (although $20 shipping is still a bit steep!!) They do have a couple things I want though, so could be swayed to pull the trigger on a madvapes order.

AVF Regular
    I just complained on facebook to madvapes , I also included a example

3mm Flat Top Yellow LED
    Edit $0.29 $0.58
    Grand Total Excl. Tax $0.58
    Grand Total Incl. Tax $0.58
    USPS
    Priority Mail International $42.35

Federal Express
    International Economy $45.08
    International Priority $60.54

Jeff

Its crazy isn't it! I emailed them a while ago about it, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Spewing, because there are a few things one there I would be keen on.

AVF Regular
    I like complaining on facebook in the open on price gouging on shipping cost, I usually get in crap on here for doing, but what the hell, I would rather expose people to the world then be taken as fool.
    Heck we should make a thread on bashing high cost shipping rates to oz and have a group of us flood the offenders FB pages with negative comments and force them to change there policy's
    https://www.facebook.com/MadVapes?hc_location=stream <--- FB for madvapes
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    I like complaining on facebook in the open on price gouging on shipping cost, I usually get in crap on here for doing, but what the hell, I would rather expose people to the world then be taken as fool.
    Heck we should make a thread on bashing high cost shipping rates to oz and have a group of us flood the offenders FB pages with negative comments and force them to change there policy's
    https://www.facebook.com/MadVapes?hc_location=stream <--- FB for madvapes
    Jeff
    Haha, yeah I dont know about the whole making a thread here thing, but I did see the post of Madvapes FB page, I chimed in with my 2c as well.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Haha, yeah I dont know about the whole making a thread here thing, but I did see the post of Madvapes FB page, I chimed in with my 2c as well.
    What are ya chicken or yella , lol
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast