Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By pcan68

Thread: Huon Pine Wood Mod Complete

AVF Regular

Huon Pine Wood Mod Complete

I have finished my Huon Pine wood Mod, some pictures are below. With the modified 510 connector with new Delrin Insulators and mechanical connection of Negative wire all works well. Will post a follow up video soon.

IMAG0260.jpgIMAG0265.jpg

I am also posting a pic and video of my next one made from Kwila because of the nice wood grain inherent to this wood. This time I have incorporated some wood burning techniques to add to its styling, all the parts are turned out, now for the drilling and wiring during the coming week.

DSCF5973.jpg

Video will also be added shortly with this piece on the lathe.

Last edited by pcan68; 04-08-13 at 11:00 PM.
    Noe, ckane, Robray and 4 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    What nut & bolt did you end up using on the connector for the Huon mod?
    Did you take the wire to the inside or leave it on the outside of the connector?
    And how did you go about getting the head of the bolt hidden or did you just cut a channel & leave it exposed?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Hi Noe,

I used the steel bolt and Nut that I had as I could not find a brass bolt & Nut. I could not find a suitable brass bolt & Nut from Bunnings or Jaycar.

I did switch the wire to the inside because when it was all assembled but not araldited in place it just would not fire. As soon as I changed the wire to be connected to the inside it fired no problem. I think the outer casing of the 510 is plated or something and just would not provide good conductivity.

I also am about to test it all with the Digitech multimeter I picked up last week and will post results. Only problem is I need to first read up and understand how to use the Multimeter as I have not used one before.

Once I understand how to use it and what to test I will post the results. The Huon Pine mod fires up fine and have had no issue with the battery getting hot, I think the new Delrin bushes I am using in the connector have solved this problem nicely.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LOL have fun reading the instructions.
    How did you deal with the head of the bolt?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    In The top of the mod I always do a channel so that you tilt the connector into the channel first when fitting, like with the mod I sent to you, this makes it easy to fit. Not sure if you mean the head as it is on the inside and just sits flush against the inside of the connector. I did trim the end of the bolt though that goes to the outside of the connector so that the nut screws up tight and there is little if no thread left protuding just the width of the nut to fit in the channeling at the top of the wood mod.

Re the multimeter, I will learn.........there is so much on the net to reference anything I dont understand or need clarification on.