Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RichoVonBlack
  • 1 Post By studiovape
  • 1 Post By lheamfrg

Thread: Genesis style rebuildable questions

AVF Regular

Genesis style rebuildable questions

Hi there everyone

After not having much luck with my chalice rebuildable atty, I have decided to try a Genesis style rba instead and had some questions.

I am looking at the AGA-T2 available from Vapeking. I decided to try one of the cheaper copies first to see if I like it before dropping $ on a better one. My chalice is currently serving as a very expensive paperweight lol

Anyways, what type of mod do you guys recommend I use it with?
    I have many 18650, 18350 batteries as well as a couple 18490's.
    I've got a Vamo VV/VW but I don't like the way it performs.

Also, what wicking method would you recommend for someone who likes thick VG juices? Cotton, silica, SS mesh, or ceramic wick??? Or am I gonna have to dilute my juices so I don't have wicking/dry hitting issues?

I'm looking to spend about $100 total for the battery mod and the atomizer. Possibly even more if it seems worthwhile.

Recommendations of other Aussie vendors to shop for these items would be good also.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys and girls

Cheers
    Kev
    Last edited by magick81; 07-08-13 at 10:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    davee likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

i got the same setup except using effset 18650

AVF Regular
    I've been looking at the innokin itaste svd. I like the design. Would it work with a genesis style rba???

Oh and what about 100% VG juice?

Cotton, mesh or ceramic wicks??

AVF Regular
    i can only talk on the SVD, its a great bit of kit for the money, easy to use, easy to adjust (Volts/Watts) i think it will handle most gennie RBA's, well its running the kayfun lite (not a gennie but an RBA) and the UD AGT gennie no issues.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Ok guys. After doing some research I've decided on the Smoketech RSST atomizer. Highly recommended by pbusardo.

Ummm, as for the mod/batteries, should I bother with a VV mod??
    Or should I just grab a mechanical like the sigelei???

AVF Regular
    Mech and gennie go together like bread and butter.
    The all brass Sentinel clone from fast tech is $17 bucks delivered, hits like a $200 mod.
    TheDishD likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by magick81 View Post
    Ok guys. After doing some research I've decided on the Smoketech RSST atomizer. Highly recommended by pbusardo.

Ummm, as for the mod/batteries, should I bother with a VV mod??
    Or should I just grab a mechanical like the sigelei???
    do you have a multimeter? you will need one or you can get a high value VV VW mod which had an omH checker and as well as in built protection against shorts and other issues which can come about learning how to do RBA's.
    An itaste SVD or Vameo would be an excellent place to start, once your happy with your knowledge (with building Low resistance coils, which are best for Mech MoDs) then go for Mech MODS, either way, its always good to have a back up. Personally i would get a VVVW mod and the sentinel clone, build up your coils and experince on the VVVW and switchover to the Mech.

If you want to dip your toe into Mech MODS this would be a good start, cheap but kicks like a mule high value.
    $18.11 V3 MOD Telescoping Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment - gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Batteries and chargers are something you don't go cheap on, "you get what you pay for" whether you go Mech or VVVW you will need batteries and a charger.
    chagers; sonshine Soshine 18650 AU S1 MAX III VER 3 Rapid Charger FOR 1 4 Lithium ION Battery | eBay
    Batteries: With being new to Mech Mods a protected battery is not a bad idea,
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/14...geable-3400mah
    un protected version, which is idea for VV VW mods like the SVD/Vamo, as these MODs have inbuilt protection, then can be used in Mech MoD's again once you have gained experince with Mech's
    $14.79 Panasonic NCR18650B Rechargeable 3400mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    If you like to have a smaller sized MoD you will need 18350's and or 18490/18500's sized batteries
    2 X Efest V2 18350 IMR LI MN 3 7V Lithium Rechargeable 800mAh Batteries Nipple | eBay
    2 X Efest V2 18490 IMR LI MN 3 7V Lithium Rechargeable 1100mAh Batteries Nipple | eBay
    Last edited by TheDishD; 08-08-13 at 10:09 AM.

Stopped Smoking On the 4/7/13..Guess when i started Vaping

AVF Regular
    Yep I've got a multimeter and know about checking resistance and for shorts from my Mark Buggs Chalice rebuildable.

And I know about mechanical mods too, my Reo is one of my favorite vapes

Ummmm, what's the difference in the SS mesh grades.
    I can see #325, #400 & #500.

Which should I get? I'm in the process of creating my order.

AVF Regular
    Different grades will suit different juices. Heavier vg ones would be better suited to lower number. The number relates to the weave and thread count per square inch ( along those lines anyway). The coarser the mesh, the quicker thicker juices will wick whereas thicker juices may struggle wicking using a finer grade
    TheDishD likes this.