Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By studiovape
  • 1 Post By mathsguy
  • 1 Post By mathsguy

Thread: My Ithaka setup for best flavor & easy rewick

AVF Regular

Cool My Ithaka setup for best flavor & easy rewick

Hey folks, I managed to find just enough nr wire to make a proper coil in my new Ithaka clone,
    I though Id share my set-up with you all
    Flavor is outstanding as is vapor and TH.
    Im running a single 2mm ID micro coil 28g 1.1 Ohms on rolled cotton,I had a few goes with the silica, but just can't seem to get past my aversion to it as of yet. The rolled cotton wicks are arranged in a bow tie formation through the micro coil. You need a tiny (and I mean tiny) amount of cotton for each wick. I am using 100% cotton ripple from Woolworths, and although it wicks and tastes great, the organic cotton (make-up
    ) pads I have used in the past were easier to use because you could cut them up into uniform strips and this enabled consistent repeatable results, you have to roll the wicks real thin to get 2 through a 2mm micro coil, but not to tightly rolled or it will choke in the coil and bloat either side. It takes a little trial and error at the start, but once you have a clear idea of exactly how much cotton to use it's a piece of cake. the tiny wicks should be a nice sliding fit as you pull them through the coil and particularly with the Ithaka just add a drop or two of juice to the center of the coil (any more and when you screw on the juice control mouthpiece you could break the thin wicks if they are bloated with juice when you screw it (the juice control mouthpiece) down in to place to fill the tank.
    As long as your micro coil is good you can pull the old wicks out and dry burn, before undoing one of the NR legs to enable easy rewicking, then reattach the NR leg and push your wicks into their slots, couple of drops of juice on the coil, juice control/mouthpiece screwed on fill and vape, no need to recoil/ NR to Res wire join every time you want to refresh your set-up.
    As you are learning the right amount of cotton to use this easy wick out- wick in system means you can experiment very quickly.
    Sorry no pics today as I'm still sick and lazy.
    Enjoy.
    SV
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Anyone else tried rolled cotton In and Ithaka, Odysius or Kayfun?
    Vaping since July 2012.

I tried rolled gauze but prefer hemp, which I use most of the time in Ithaka and Penelope. Cotton/hemp seem to pack a bigger nic punch than silica for me too.

Nice also that when your done, the waste product is a lot kinder to the earth than all the plastic and muck in cartos/clearos.

Good luck with the man flu!
    studiovape likes this.

joe
    Thanks for sharing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mathsguy View Post
    I tried rolled gauze but prefer hemp, which I use most of the time in Ithaka and Penelope. Cotton/hemp seem to pack a bigger nic punch than silica for me too.

Nice also that when your done, the waste product is a lot kinder to the earth than all the plastic and muck in cartos/clearos.

Good luck with the man flu!
    I had a go with bamboo, but could't source any hemp locally.
    I wish it was the man flu MG, test results say Whooping cough
    Vaping since July 2012.

Shit - not good mate, seems like there’s more of it every year - make them give you good drugs!

If you want to try some hemp, PM me an addy and I’ll send some up - otherwise I got it from Organic Hemp Twines - then I boil several times.
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    I use 100% pure Australian cotton from ebay, works great for my dripping needs and is cheap. 24 PLY Flat Braid Cotton Candle Wick | eBay
    Jeff