Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By pcan68
  • 1 Post By studiovape
  • 1 Post By studiovape

Thread: From Big to Small

AVF Regular

From Big to Small

This is a 18350 Mod made from Camphor Laurel, it is a beautiful wood to turn and has a really nice grain. It is 80mm tall.

I still have to fit a 12mm SPST switch, wire and solder before it is complete.

I also ordered today 3 various types of crushed stone and brass metal powder. Both will be used to start experimenting with brass and stone inlays into the wood mods I am doing. I do intend to offer some for sale soon but want to provide a small collection for anyone who is interested to choose from.

More to come soon.....

IMAG0284.jpgIMAG0287.jpgIMAG0285.jpgIMAG0288.jpg
    ckane, Robray, essiemessy and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice work pcan, not my style looks though, I would like to see some more organic shapes in darkwood, but I have no doubt you will have many interested parties in these round ones.
    pcan68 likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Studiovapes can you give me any examples of what you mean by "organic shapes", any particular type of wood you really like?

Also another pic with an RSST fitted.

IMAG0291.jpg

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pcan68 View Post
    Studiovapes can you give me any examples of what you mean by "organic shapes", any particular type of wood you really like?

Also another pic with an RSST fitted.

IMAG0291.jpg
    Hey mate, my internet connection is 'shaped' meaning SAF at the moment so I cant upload any pics right now, but what I mean by organic is freeform carved and sanded that feels good/great in the hand these are not exactly what I'm talking about, but kind the same game if not the same ballpark :

By dark wood, I mean walnut, brazilian rosewood and other yummy trees with beautiful grain,
    Light wood just looks like pine to me and is not appealing.
    I want it to mould into my hand and want to stay there, in a way a round/tube mod never would.
    I want it to be hard enough to be able to drop it every now and then, I want the finish to be polished wood and Canubra wax not varnished
    pcan68 likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.