Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: my little black box v1

AVF Regular

Lightbulb my little black box v1

I have designed and am now building my first box mod it will be a single 18650 mosfet box. the box and battery tray have been printed on my 3d printer I will update this thread as my build progresses now for some pics

the box after being sanded

the door fits nice and snug so it dosent need magnets or screws it just slides out

the box after acetone vapour bath

size comparison

the contacts when finished will probly be m3 countersunk screws with nuts holding them in place that flush mount into the trays end posts

switch and 510 glued in and soldered can't go any further till my order from rs online arrives

got my components today

black battery tray installed using m3x6 screws with nuts in the ends the battery wires are held between the nut and screw

all components installed just check out my super profesional soldering

it's aliveeeee

I'm vaping it right now and she works great battery sits alittle high so now I am sanding out some space in the door so it will slide on I'll add a final pic when I'm done

dremeled out a channel for the battery and now it fits

the end

for my first mod I love it and I have learnt a lot for what I want to do for my v2 box. the next version will likely be a bottom fed device with a fat daddy top and bottom feed kit I want to keep it compact so I'm not sure if I will make it a dual 18650 or just keep it a single
    Last edited by DEATHGUYJ; 15-09-14 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added more pics
    D1git, Robray, Cath Mort and 5 others like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    Very nicely done. Kudos even on the battery holder. Guess there is no limits when u have a 3d printer. Your wires seem abit thin. Would recommend getting at least 16g or 14g wires so you don't get voltage drop from resistance of those wires.
    Robray and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Noice, thats an awesome job. Love the battery 'hugger'
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    Very nicely done. Kudos even on the battery holder. Guess there is no limits when u have a 3d printer. Your wires seem abit thin. Would recommend getting at least 16g or 14g wires so you don't get voltage drop from resistance of those wires.
    yeah cheers I'll be rewiring them with 16g like the rest of the box

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    Awesome work DGJ! Which mosfet are you using?
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    Awesome work DGJ! Which mosfet are you using?
    one of these with a 15k resistor Buy MOSFET Transistors IRLB3034PBF, N-channel MOSFET Transistor 343 A 40 V, 3-Pin TO-220AB International Rectifier IRLB3034PBF online from RS for next day delivery.

my etsy DEATHware

AVF Regular
    thats awesome DGJ! nice work
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Big thanks to Hidden1 for his awesome work on my box mod! (vapeOholic ejuice is my crack/cocaine)

AVF Regular
    Great work mate! Nice neat little box, i especially like the inbuilt battery cradle, looks very prossional
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Great work mate! Nice neat little box, i especially like the inbuilt battery cradle, looks very prossional
    it's a separate part I'll print one in black abs when I decide how I want the battery contacts setup. I'll just use some very thin double sided tape to secure it in place
    Tigmann likes this.

my etsy DEATHware

Nice work DGJ, 3d stuff has endless possibilities with vape stuff hey.

So the big question that I'm surprised no-one has asked is how much for a box and battery holder thingo?
    DEATHGUYJ and Browny like this.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast