Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ni200 (nickel) coil builds

P.J
    AVF Regular

ni200 (nickel) coil builds

Somewhere to share your nickel coil builds, experiences and thoughts. Pictures will help as well as techniques and the finer points.

this is not a signature

P.J
    AVF Regular
    P.s I have nothing to contribute to this yet, wire coming.

this is not a signature

AVF Regular
    First ni200 build, 28g 3.6mm ID 8 wraps .14ohm. Its definitely more difficult to work with than Kanthal but not as bad as I thought. I used one of those cheap little coil jigs. If making a spaced coil I don't think it is important to have it perfect at first as it will get a little messed up when screwing it into the atty anyway. Once I got it in place a couple of the wraps were touching so I got a thin knife and gently moved them apart from each other until it was reasonably even. I didn't torch the coil at all as I have been reading that torching might not be safe.

If using the Lemo I would recommend removing the 510 pin and putting something underneath it so you can do it up tight and still have it protrude, otherwise it will either not make contact or will be loose and cause the resistance to fluctuate. I stuck an insulator from a bvc coil underneath and the resistance seems to be staying steady.

I am finding I like the temp set to around 430-450F, if I use 30w as I normally do the temp control isn't actually doing anything most of the time, if I turn it up to 40 the watts do drop off a little, maybe this coil with its huge surface area and the big airflow of the Lemo is already efficient enough on its own, it will be interesting to see the wick in a couple of days though. I'm definitely not getting the slightest hint of a dry hit even with watts set to 40 and it is a very nice vape. I think the main improvement so far would be the quick heat up and cool down compared to the big 26g 1.1-1.3ohm coils I usually use in the Lemo.

Last edited by J_B_86; 17-12-14 at 10:34 PM.
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm running dual 32g, 12 wraps on about a 2mm screw driver in a Zenith clone dripper. Comes out to 0.16ohm. Hitting it at 40W @ 460F. Spaced coil not contact. Can vape it dry with no dry hits........ Loving it :-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
    I'm running dual 32g, 12 wraps on about a 2mm screw driver in a Zenith clone dripper. Comes out to 0.16ohm. Hitting it at 40W @ 460F. Spaced coil not contact. Can vape it dry with no dry hits........ Loving it :-)
    I'm going to try it on my Vulcan tomorrow. Single coil though, getting lazy these days. Ask someone else to build what you want while watching and if done incorrectly on the way, politely ask to re-do.
    Yul Brynner: Whatever you do, don't "Smoke"

AVF Regular
    Yep, it works well.

ECF has heaps of info.amongst the confusion of those struggling to understand this new way of thinking about vape stuff.

I am just over 3 weeks in with the DNA40 and have begun to understand this new shift in thinking about this amazing new technology.

Be prepared to be a newbie again, it is not as bad as your Ego thinks it is.

Also be prepared to rethink your old atties and their connections.

Things change and we should too. So should the atties, well eventually when they catch up to the latest thought.(Which Evolv have at the moment).

My mechs still rule, but.........................
    Last edited by Christian R; 18-12-14 at 12:22 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian R View Post
    Yep, it works well.

ECF has heaps of info.amongst the confusion of those struggling to understand this new way of thinking about vape stuff.

I am just over 3 weeks in with the DNA40 and have begun to understand this new shift in thinking about this amazing new technology.

Be prepared to be a newbie again, it is not as bad as your Ego thinks it is.

Also be prepared to rethink your old atties and their connections.

Things change and we should too. So should the atties, well eventually when they catch up to the latest thought.(Which Evolv have at the moment).

My mechs still rule, but.........................
    Do you think the Professor with all the funding will give all some better news? I'm certain that what he has said up to now is better then smoking but his final result is what we all are anticipating. At the same time if it was to be bad news in anyway or form, I'd support a fund in stalling his statement for another 20 years

AVF Regular
    Who knows?

personally it has given me a better life.

But do what you will, as it is really all you can do.

Just think for yourself and don't succumb to the fears of others.

It should be apparent that fear is the worst enemy that you will ever encounter and it is the weapon used to make you the underdog.

Be yourself and coil to your HEARTS content.

We will all see and then go on from whatever.

Don't worry too much.

AVF Regular
    It is good, it works ............
    Last edited by Christian R; 18-12-14 at 01:43 AM.

AVF Regular
    Fear ah? Ok.. Ok.. So tell me Christian R D over your 3 week experience what changes I PERSONALLY should expect - even though if I choose not too?

So what else do you think the future holds for these chips/boards? Or shall hold back from asking?

Good on you Vape hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast