AVF Regular

Help with Rebuilding Atlantis Coil

Alright, I've had a fair run on this first coil in my Atlantis & it's come time to rip it out & try to Rebuild it to see if it'll go alright with a 1ohm coil. The dream is to see how it'll go on my Provari which is my all day device.

What I've noticed so far is that it really needs to be wound on a 4mm drill bit. I did try it on a 3mm but the Japanese cotton I'm using didn't fill it out enough. I could try 1 1/2 strips thick though I guess. But basically to speed things along a bit does any know how many wraps around a 4mm drill bit & what gauge will achieve the 1ohm I'm targeting?

AVF Regular
    Alright I got it. 4-5 wraps with 26g came in at 1.01ohm

AVF Regular
    I'm gunna call that a fail. With a 3.5amp limit on the mini I'm only able to go 3.5v/12w. In a word...it's shithouse. I really need a new 40w device.

I'm open to ideas from more experienced rebuilders but at this stage I think I'm back to waiting for Aspire to release the new coil range.

This is getting a factory coil thrown back in & back on a Mech.

I've tried twice for shits 'n' giggles, what works best for wrapping the coil in a similar way as the original (assuming you're building vertical) is a fairly large threaded screw, for the life of me I can't recall what resistance I got but I built it to the same "length" as the original, 26ga was much better than 24. Where I failed is wicking - I might give it another crack this weekend (hence my post here)

AVF Regular
    I found don't us to much wick and I us the old coil

AVF Regular
    might help

RIP 22.12.2016