Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: The Great Modders Board Drought :concern::concern:

AVF Regular

The Great Modders Board Drought :concern::concern:

After ordering 3 DNA40s nearly three months ago now from VAPEDOJO, after numerous emails to customer service, false reports (two separate occasions ) that my DNAs had been shipped (with tracking numbers I might add) I received and email last night that read "Vape Dojo has refunded your order (#114885) a total of $221.50 USD." no explanation, no apology no anything else.
    Ordering DNA40s from Evolv direct is a joke as we all know.
    I though I would grab a few YIHI SXminis instead, but varitube is the only stockist I can find and they want $79.95 US before shipping that's $102.45AU BEFORE SHIPPING.
    Seriously!?!?!
    Fasttech has boards :Found 12 vairable wattage board at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for around $15 but I have yest to see a review of a non low freq PWM without any drawbacks (ignoring the huge size of 20mm wide).
    Am I missing a supplier or is this the end of VW mods for reasonable dosh.

I would like to see a sticky with all modder's supplies listed maybe even with brief reviews from members about their experience with that company.
    something we could all contribute to, that may make the process of building a mod a little less painful.

In the meantime, what boards are around that I might have missed.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    After ordering 3 DNA40s nearly three months ago now from VAPEDOJO, after numerous emails to customer service, false reports (two separate occasions ) that my DNAs had been shipped (with tracking numbers I might add) I received and email last night that read "Vape Dojo has refunded your order (#114885) a total of $221.50 USD." no explanation, no apology no anything else.
    Ordering DNA40s from Evolv direct is a joke as we all know.
    I though I would grab a few YIHI SXminis instead, but varitube is the only stockist I can find and they want $79.95 US before shipping that's $102.45AU BEFORE SHIPPING.
    Seriously!?!?!
    Fasttech has boards :Found 12 vairable wattage board at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for around $15 but I have yest to see a review of a non low freq PWM without any drawbacks (ignoring the huge size of 20mm wide).
    Am I missing a supplier or is this the end of VW mods for reasonable dosh.

I would like to see a sticky with all modder's supplies listed maybe even with brief reviews from members about their experience with that company.
    something we could all contribute to, that may make the process of building a mod a little less painful.

In the meantime, what boards are around that I might have missed.
    i bought 2x dna 40 wide screen from these guys on Saturday received a tracking number this morning if that helps http://www.protovapor.com/product/ev...0d-retail-box/
    Last edited by robertch; 24-02-15 at 01:53 PM.
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robertch View Post
    i bought 2x dna 40 wide screen from these guys on Saturday received a tracking number this morning if that helps Evolv DNA 40D (retail box) DNA40D.COM | Protovapor.com
    thanks robertch, that would help, i just bought three Vamo 40w boards from fasttech for $45 delivered, they are apparently "the good ones" lol.
    will keep protovapor in mind though
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    A lot of backyard modders are going with the OKR or Raptor chips. They're cheap and powerful, but require space-hungry external components required such as resistors, zenier diods, pots, voltmeters, etc.

Breakout boards are slowly hitting the market to simplify wiring and make them more compact OKR T-10 Breakout Board - Semi-Assembled – Iron Lung Design

Otherwise dual MOSFETs are still popular for unregulated mods.
    studiovape likes this.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luntingsir View Post
    A lot of backyard modders are going with the OKR or Raptor chips. They're cheap and powerful, but require space-hungry external components required such as resistors, zenier diods, pots, voltmeters, etc.

Breakout boards are slowly hitting the market to simplify wiring and make them more compact OKR T-10 Breakout Board - Semi-Assembled – Iron Lung Design

Otherwise dual MOSFETs are still popular for unregulated mods.
    Thanks for your input mate, but as you say space with those is a major issue for me. I get the shits when I can't build super compact and all that extra hardware is always bulky. I see all these Hamond enclosure mods with huge dimensions and lumps of wasted space and I'm like: no thanks.
    I want an integrated board that's reliable compact and available at a reasonable price.
    I have 3 DNA40s on the way from the coop, but was hoping to have some backups.
    As for MOSFETs, I have some, but kinda seems to me like, go full Mech or go regulated.
    DogMan likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Psst ...

DNA 25
    The DNA 25 is the DNA 40's less expensive little brother.
    The DNA system lets anyone build Evolv's patented power regulated technology into their own products.
    The DNA 25 is a power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter for personal vaporizers.
    It features Evolv’s patented Wattage Control,
    Temperature Protection, Preheat,
    Step Up/Step Down Topology, Digital User Controls,
    OLED Screen,
    Onboard Buttons and Synchronous Rectification for maximum battery life and minimal heat generation.
    The DNA 25 is the same size as the DNA 40.

$39.99
    plus $1.50 P&H
    USD
    Try Evolv LLC - Shop Now

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    The raptor 120 watt chips take just about the same room as a dna40 if done neat or you can make your own pwm buck converter board which is the size of a 20cent peace

pwm can make them smaller then this

Yihi are not interested in the modders market for there chips they are more after the big companies like sigelei that is why they sell them at nearly the same price as you can buy the segelei.
    Browny likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    I tried them before the dna40 is not listed for sale for some reason

AVF Regular
    These guys have a MM360B 40W board that seems to be popular . . .

MM360B 40W Chipset

AVF Regular
    Looks like the MMT Vamo board with a bit of liquid electrical tape slathered on and three times the price.
    studiovape and Hidden1 like this.
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast