Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fossil

Thread: tell me why this is impossible - sx350j chip in vapourflak clone body

tell me why this is impossible ? - sx350j chip in vapourflask clone body

Im thinking of modding a vapour flask clone (fast tech) by removing dna clone chip (or sx300) and installing a yihi board on. This of course will not happen anytime soon. I am intending to use to stock buttons and screen windows (i believe the yihi sx350 devices also uses a .69 oled inch screen)

As far as im aware. The chipset lies between battery chambers on a sled that can be pulled out on a bracket.

The issues i see. The chipset board dimensions maybe different, i did send an enquiry. The dna is max .8"by 1.3" and .32" deep and the 50w clone uses a yihi sx300 board. Therefore i may need to position of the chip elsewhere which poses the question; would it fit? If i reposition chipset, I may have issue positioning the screen and making connection to the buttons.

Given i have the skills of a good solder (i dont. But i know a guy). What other things do i have to consider? What did i miss. Is the dream too much?
    Last edited by huhuhu; 04-04-15 at 01:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Any ideas on where you might get the chip from?

Anyone?

AVF Regular
    You will be able to put a genuine dna board in place of the clone, with an original board the display is on a cable strip the same as the Evolve chip!

The Yihi chipset would have to be very close to the original board size for it to fit though, and then you would have a problem with the display screen if it's not.

Start by looking at some picture of the respective chipsets, and make plans then because there is limited space for what you want to do.

Here's a start point with a genuine DNA from Evolve, Evolv LLC - Shop Now

Look at the DNA 40 with small screen, that's the best fit for what your proposing, also Evolve postage for a DNA used to be 2 bucks anywhere in the world.
    Last edited by Fossil; 04-04-15 at 12:21 PM. Reason: More info
    steve.c likes this.

Yeah i figured that the difficulty all relate to the chip board dimensions. As for purchasing it, it will be released one day. I may organise a gruop buy

I had a reaponse concerning chip size. It seems much longer than the rdna40. At 61mm which i think equates to 2.4" inches

"This is Amy of YiHIecigar company.

For this chip dimension is sx350J* 61(L)X18(W)X16.5mm(H). could you please advise, how many pcs you will want to take for your prototype?

Now this chip is available, once you confirm the order I will make PI or Sample Invoice for you."

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by huhuhu View Post
    Yeah i figured that the difficulty all relate to the chip board dimensions. As for purchasing it, it will be released one day. I may organise a gruop buy
    It's not only the chip board size that is an issue, it's the display, on the sx350 the display is mounted on the board itself,

Take a look at the DNA board first, then inside the clone vapor flask is a clone DNA complete with display on a ribbon cable, clone board is the same dimensions as the genuine board and display.

Aint nothin else will fit

(unless you plan on redesigning the guts, by then the effort alone would have cost the equivalent of a genuine flask!)

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Try this:
    YiHi SX350 & DIY Parts

Expect to find hot glue in a FT clone,
    (lots of; how da hell do you get it outta there, type hot glue) ?!?

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by huhuhu View Post
    Im thinking of modding a vapour flask clone (fast tech) by removing dna clone chip (or sx300) and installing a yihi board on. This of course will not happen anytime soon. I am intending to use to stock buttons and screen windows (i believe the yihi sx350 devices also uses a .69 oled inch screen)

As far as im aware. The chipset lies between battery chambers on a sled that can be pulled out on a bracket.

The issues i see. The chipset board dimensions maybe different, i did send an enquiry. The dna is max .8"by 1.3" and .32" deep and the 50w clone uses a yihi sx300 board. Therefore i may need to position of the chip elsewhere which poses the question; would it fit? If i reposition chipset, I may have issue positioning the screen and making connection to the buttons.

Given i have the skills of a good solder (i dont. But i know a guy). What other things do i have to consider? What did i miss. Is the dream too much?
    This thread is frustrating, you ask why it's impossible to put an SX board into a vapor flask, I've tried to explain why, but maybe I've missed something.

Can you give a link to the vapor flask with sx board first, I've looked and can't find one, maybe with fresh knowledge of what's available with a link can sort some confusion on my behalf.

These guys have a preorder. No idea whether it's legit. Also, they don't ship to Australia.

I also found this dude on eBay, who reckons he's "one of the first partners to have this chip". Again, no idea if it's legit.

Also remember that the 61mm length doesn't include the fire button, which sits on its own little board. I think -- correct me if I'm wrong -- that the dimensions are the same as the SX350 Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    This thread is frustrating, you ask why it's impossible to put an SX board into a vapor flask, I've tried to explain why, but maybe I've missed something.

Can you give a link to the vapor flask with sx board first, I've looked and can't find one, maybe with fresh knowledge of what's available with a link can sort some confusion on my behalf.
    Well i did not dicredit you in anyway. I never said your wrong and i was refering to the 350j chip. The other sx chip i believe in the vapourflask clone has a sx300 which now i realise is false info. If its impossible then its impossible. Do you need a thanks for a heads up?

Im just trying to get as much free advice as possible. You dont need to be frustrated. Just close the window, apologies for the bad english .
    Last edited by huhuhu; 05-04-15 at 12:44 PM.