Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laurie9300
  • 1 Post By Fractal

Thread: Where do you buy your housing/switches/510 connector etc?

Where do you buy your housing/switches/510 connector etc?

Been thinking of making a box mod for myself. Cant find the parts locally, getting them from the US would be pricey. Are there any local vendors that sell this stuff?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pro.dev3 View Post
    Cant find the parts locally, getting them from the US would be pricey.
    short answer: you are at least partially out of luck, the Us is your only option for decent 510 connectors,Fasttech does have some, but they are kinda missing the one model we all want, takes 3-5 weeks to get you parcel from FT and 2-4 from the US.
    Fatdaddy Vapes, has the monopoly on the 510s end of story.
    Your other parts, switches etc, you can try RS here in OZ, free shipping and reasonable cost/range, enclosures? couldn't tell you , I make my own, but again Fasttech has some cheap ones.
    It depends what kind of mod you are building, though "Box Mod" is a very general term.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Wanted to make one that took 2 18650's and was voltage controlled with a pot and maybe a volt meter

Was hoping to make one to save a little instead of buying. A sigelei 100w sounds my best bet right now

AVF Regular
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is a decent 510 connector as far as FT go. It's a knockoff / clone of the Varitube connector. It has a ring for the negative (that can easily be bent for fitting in to tighter spaces), a nut to lock in to place (for mounting in unthreaded holes) and a sprung positive. Just dismantle it BEFORE you solder the positive wire to it - the insulation isn't as heat resistant as other connectors.

I also use Fasttech for little voltmeters and USB charge boards. They also do cheap magnets, though their magnets are quite weak compared to others.

Switches and buttons I get off eBay. There are heaps of Chinese based stores that sell craploads of 'em - just be prepared to set aside lots of time for their lax sorting.

Battery contacts I have also gotten from eBay, got some quite nice ones coming from Greece, actually. Pity I got impatient and built my first box using Chinese ones scavenged from a battery cradle that were way too thick and bent the case out slightly .

As far as enclosures go - that's all over the place. Some people fabricate their own from wood or sheet metal, some put holes in project boxes, some re purpose other objects, some 3d print, some gut crap mods in decent cases, some buy ready made cases... it's all up to your imagination!
    studiovape likes this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.