Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nickel wire series coil build problem!

Question Nickel wire series coil build problem!

Right so I got a recommendation from a friend that upping the ohms on DNA 30 temp sensing/control devices i.e vapor flask (authentic & clone) vapor shark (authentic) to around .4 ohms is a mind blowing experience! And he wasn't wrong vapor production like through the roof, flavour increase amazing!!

BUT!! The only way I could find to increase the ohms of Nickel wire was with coils in series and it works ONLY IF it's side by side not from one side of the deck to the other!?!

I don't understand it's EXACTLY the same principal 1 piece of wire 2 coils attached to pos and neg posts (thought side by side is only attached to one neg post on each side of deck 2 posts??? Shouldn't make a difference right??) But when temp control is turned on the coils only read .1ish turn it off and it reads as it should @ about .4 !?!

What is going on here am I missing something? Is my build wrong somehow? Side by side it's (32 gauge) 6 wraps, gap, 6 wraps current one comes out @ .44 works amazingly but leaves little room for wicking each side of the deck EXACT SAME THING but instead of the gap it goes through the pos post..... Won't work (with temp control on)!! I've tried the build on all 3 devices I have same result!

I can post pics of build if anyone wants to check/see.

Please help I've been at this for days and the way I build my Nickel coils so they're spaced evenly makes the each side of the deck build pretty hard and VERY time consuming (it's simple I just use a screw and wrap around that about 3mm diameter) the side by side build I can whip up in a few seconds but arrrrrrgh WICK ROOM!!

I just don't understand advice, suggestions, tips, ANYTHING this is driving me CRAZY!!!!

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joraoul View Post
    Right so I got a recommendation from a friend that upping the ohms on DNA 30 temp sensing/control devices i.e vapor flask (authentic & clone) vapor shark (authentic) to around .4 ohms is a mind blowing experience! And he wasn't wrong vapor production like through the roof, flavour increase amazing!!

BUT!! The only way I could find to increase the ohms of Nickel wire was with coils in series and it works ONLY IF it's side by side not from one side of the deck to the other!?!

I don't understand it's EXACTLY the same principal 1 piece of wire 2 coils attached to pos and neg posts (thought side by side is only attached to one neg post on each side of deck 2 posts??? Shouldn't make a difference right??) But when temp control is turned on the coils only read .1ish turn it off and it reads as it should @ about .4 !?!

What is going on here am I missing something? Is my build wrong somehow? Side by side it's (32 gauge) 6 wraps, gap, 6 wraps current one comes out @ .44 works amazingly but leaves little room for wicking each side of the deck EXACT SAME THING but instead of the gap it goes through the pos post..... Won't work (with temp control on)!! I've tried the build on all 3 devices I have same result!

Please help I've been at this for days and the way I build my Nickel coils so they're spaced evenly makes the each side of the deck build pretty hard and VERY time consuming (it's simple I just use a screw and wrap around that about 3mm diameter) the side by side build I can whip up in a few seconds but arrrrrrgh WICK ROOM!!

I just don't understand advice, suggestions, tips, ANYTHING this is driving me CRAZY!!!!

Cheers.
    "have you told the device it's a new coil?
    Crisscross likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

It rarely gives me that option it just seems to auto detect

Edit : is there a manual way to get it to?
    Last edited by Joraoul; 17-05-15 at 08:02 PM.

AVF Regular
    take the atty off, press the fire button then re-fit the atty-- its the only way ive found to do it on the vs

Yea I finally worked that out but it's still reading .1 something changes everytime it went up to .2 once but the atty wasn't even screwed in properly, checked the 510 pin tightened it up as much as I could..... Still same result.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joraoul View Post

Cheers.
    Post a couple of photos of the builds so we can understand exactly what you are doing.

Cheers
    Midlife

I'm going to try it on my magma tomorrow see if the post thing has relevance, only been able to try it on split pos post attys.

Did new coil thing again just to see, 0.17....... It's like it's only reading 1 coil, but with temp sensing off both work nice and well

Side note : if the coil is closer to the deck do ohms go up or down? Or is it completely irrelevant? (Never really found an answer to that one)

AVF Regular
    I've found getting dual Ni200 coils to work properly is very difficult. Having one coil at slightly less resistance than the other one will cause the lower resistance coil to be over worked. It's all about the ratios, and small differences at low resistance end up messing up, to a greater extent, those ratios. You may get it to fire but likely one coil will be doing all the work and the other not really doing anything except messing with the total resistance value. Also getting a dual coil total resistance without winding a billion wraps means you tending towards 32G and 0.1Ω

I gave up and went single
    You don't know the things you don't know, until you know them
    The more I learn the less I know... The more I know the less I understand...

Damnit can't seem to get photo size small enough to upload and the one photo I did is the side by side not the one I'm having problems with. And now I can't seem to Damn well add it!

Argh!

AVF Regular
    Resistance should only change as the wire length changes. ie if you have a short against the deck.

Resistance should double with two coils in series and halve with two coils in parallel (coils of the same resistance)

Cheers
    Midlife

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast