Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 5 Post By CCVaper

Thread: 510 Drip Tip

AVF Regular

510 Drip Tip

As I'm sure everyone has experienced, every company has a slightly different 510 Drip Tip.

By that, I mean slightly different size receptacle.

Without going nuts with a dremel, have any of you wise and noble wizards and witches found a way to place a DT in a hole that is just too small?

Tried lubricant.
    Don't want to force it and break it. They're cherry vape tips and not steel ones. So not cheap and not unbreakable.

Also, I can see the dirty side of the above, feel free to use double entendres if you must haha.

Paul.

Sent from the future by cellular boner.
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

Super Moderator
    9 times outta ten it is the O-ring size on the DT that jams things up ... its worth having a selection of different thickness itty bitty O-rings about to mix and match.
    If its the actual BODY of the DT giving you grief then you will have to sand it back a tad ( often more drama than its worth lol )

Wrap a cylinder of applicable sand paper and lap the drip tip in by circular twisting of the tip into the cylinder ( or fire up a bench grinder and be prepared to hunt for your driptip that just went PEYOWWWW! over your shoulder when you swore cos you just took of 14 layers of skin on the grinding wheel! )
    Last edited by Fatman; 30-07-15 at 06:24 PM.
    DogMan and Big Kahuna like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I broke one of my 2 Cherry Vape acrylic tips... even before I got to use it

I guess the secret is not to try and jam massive things in little holes where they don't fit. I'll be more careful with my last one.

AVF Regular
    Some of those cherry vape tips don't have o rings. The xl doesn't, its tapered.
    Which ones are giving you trouble?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I broke one of my 2 Cherry Vape acrylic tips... even before I got to use it

I guess the secret is not to try and jam massive things in little holes where they don't fit. I'll be more careful with my last one.
    If it makes you feel any better Northerner, I didn't get to use my Kabuki tank after I got it.
    Shattered the glass in the first five minutes.
    Right into the palm of my hand.

And it's the tapered friction fit CV tips that are giving me the grief
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    If it makes you feel any better Northerner, I didn't get to use my Kabuki tank after I got it.
    Shattered the glass in the first five minutes.
    Right into the palm of my hand.

And it's the tapered friction fit CV tips that are giving me the grief
    This is probably sacrilege but with the Ming friction fit. I sanded and then carved an oring channel and added some o-rings. They are perfect. We have always sanded regular ones just a bit. More move the oring, sand and replace oring. You can sand the o-ring a bit as well.
    Big Kahuna likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hmmmm might have to find some sand paper and give it a go.

Did you use high grit? Like 1200 or so?

Sent from the future by cellular boner.

General Colin Powell

AVF Regular
    I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    9 times outta ten it is the O-ring size on the DT that jams things up ... its worth having a selection of different thickness itty bitty O-rings about to mix and match.
    If its the actual BODY of the DT giving you grief then you will have to sand it back a tad ( often more drama than its worth lol )

Wrap a cylinder of applicable sand paper and lap the drip tip in by circular twisting of the tip into the cylinder ( or fire up a bench grinder and be prepared to hunt for your driptip that just went PEYOWWWW! over your shoulder when you swore cos you just took of 14 layers of skin on the grinding wheel! )
    I put mine like a drill bit in my drill, fix the drill, then hold the sand paper around the drip tip. Spin it slowly and presto!
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.