Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Abaddon Clone Squonker conversion

AVF Regular

Abaddon Clone Squonker conversion

Ok I got my Ebony Abaddon clone, not going to do a full write up , but here are a few pics of the "interesting " bits.
    Sorry for the poor quality pics, but I was busy

Soldering up the mini mini super mosfet , I used sterling sliver for the contacts.

Now the hybridised Igo-L with sterling sliver post and silver contact spring to connect with the silver contact soldered to the drain tab on the mosfet,
    the piece of sanitary silicon tubing secured with a brass washer for the needle on the bottle to connect to, and the upgrade from small corroded copper battery contact to large brass Chicago screw.
    (incidentally the battery is run positive down, so it has and extra loose heatshrink sleeve on the pos end to ensure insulation is not an issue)

Then the carefully cut piece of TH board to receive the tactile switch, and the final result after cutting nice small (I have small hands) squonk hole, sanding and CA finish for durability. (Whole mod including internals were treated to a CA finish for waterproofing and durability)

The voltage drop is about 0.12v with a 0.67Ohm coil
    Last edited by studiovape; 07-09-15 at 04:05 AM.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    I salute the master of the mods once again
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Ok I got my Ebony Abaddon clone, not going to do a full write up , but here are a few pics of the "interesting " bits.
    Sorry for the poor quality pics, but I was busy

Soldering up the mini mini super mosfet , I used sterling sliver for the contacts.

Now the hybridised Igo-L with sterling sliver post and silver contact spring to connect with the silver contact soldered to the drain tab on the mosfet,
    the piece of sanitary silicon tubing secured with a brass washer for the needle on the bottle to connect to, and the upgrade from small corroded copper battery contact to large brass Chicago screw.
    (incidentally the battery is run positive down, so it has and extra loose heatshrink sleeve on the pos end to ensure insulation is not an issue)

Then the carefully cut piece of TH board to receive the tactile switch, and the final result after cutting nice small (I have small hands) squonk hole, sanding and CA finish for durability. (Whole mod including internals were treated to a CA finish for waterproofing and durability)

The voltage drop is about 0.12v with a 0.67Ohm coil
    Great work as always mate, way to turn trash into treasure.

Now.... This super mini mini mosfet... spill...
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Working on one of these now
    Hopefully it won't be so HUGE when it's done, also ebony.
    Last edited by studiovape; 07-09-15 at 10:24 AM.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Great work as always mate, way to turn trash into treasure.

Now.... This super mini mini mosfet... spill...
    Thanks mate, deets of the mos: http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sh...N1R2-25YLC.pdf
    bk_renesis likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    I am yet again at that "do I buy a mini mill" stage. It will cost $1000 for the mill and at least $500 for the start up tooling. I will have to engage my brain big time to learn a new machine though. plus find the time to use it. Wonder how long it would take to pay for itself.
    Crisscross likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    I am yet again at that "do I buy a mini mill" stage. It will cost $1000 for the mill and at least $500 for the start up tooling. I will have to engage my brain big time to learn a new machine though. plus find the time to use it. Wonder how long it would take to pay for itself.
    Does it need to pay for itself. These machines are something that stays with you over a long period of time. You have already shown your interest and the skills learned transfer to lots of different places (not all mod making). That sort of knowledge is priceless.
    studiovape, Fatman and btobw like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Studiovape does it again
    studiovape likes this.

Super Moderator
    I hate you Bernie .. that is all
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I hate you Bernie .. that is all
    Yeah me too.
    Fatman and bk_renesis like this.
    RIP VP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast