Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Frank'n tank (or, a match made in heaven ;) )

Super Moderator

Frank'n tank (or, a match made in heaven ;) )

Last week, I thought I'd clean up and/or recoil some of the tanks sitting in my tray ready for a trip the coming Sunday. Include in these tanks were an eLeaf GS Air-M and an eGo ONE 1.8ml tank with a 1.0ohm CLR coil. I intended only to clean and store the GS Air, as I found that while it produced good flavour and vapour, the coil tended to dry hit a bit even after recoiling. I just didn't feel it was perservering with when I could use the easily recoiled CLRs, which are a design I like (horizontal coil, wicks exposed directly into the eLiquid).

Anyhow, I had both tanks side by side, with the bases removed from the tanks with the coils still in place when I noticed that the threads on each looked mightily similar. Something prompted me to see whether the eGo ONE base would fit the GS Air tank. Well, it didn't as the CLR coil is too long/the cap is too big a diameter to allow the coil to sit in the correct spot of the tank. So I removed the CLR, and lo and behold the base screwed in.

So I thought, what if I remove the cap off the CLR? Well, it fits into the tank, and the base screws up but I am fairly confident it'd leak like a sieve due to the length of slot now exposed to liquid and no seal between the top of the coil and the tank. Hmmm, what if I use the silicon cap off an EVOD/ProTank coil? Not only does it fit, it doesn't leak and works better than either tank singularly.

In discussion with CrissCross on why the GS Air is a more flavourful tank, well the eGo ONE tank has a ~8mm inner diameter chimney whereas the GS Air has a ~4mm inner diameter chimney. That'd do it

Now I have a 4ml tank where the level of liquid can be easily seen, is easier to fill than the eGo ONE tank, and has coils that are easily rebuilt and don't dry hit. Note: the CLR coils are a 8mm thread, the GS coils are a 7mm thread so the eGo ONE tank base has to be used.

Displays the slightly modified CLR coil, with Kanger silicon cap:

On an eGo ONE 1100mAh battery, overall length is 110mm including drip tip:

Crisscross, Fatman, Big Ev and 7 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Solution isn't perfect, the 1.0ohm coil runs warm for MTL. But that can be recoiled to a higher resistance at a later date
    Crisscross and bk_renesis like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Excellent write up. One of my issues with the ego one tanks was that I couldn't see my eliquid. I didn't realise how much I needed that until I couldn't just see it at a glance. This makes a great rebuildable clean open looking tank.

Glad I gave away all my ego ones (not) at least I still have all the GS airs.
    gtadmin likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Another advantage of the GS-Air over the eGo ONE tank is ease of filling, which also ties in with XX's comment on be able to see the level of juice in the eGo ONE.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 05-01-16 at 11:34 AM.
    Crisscross and Timm4h like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Frank'n tank

Love your idea gt!
    Which GS AIR coil were you using in the M? I've been using the 1.2ohm occ in the Egrip. Wicking is excellent. With the new 0.75ohm occ out now I wish I didn't sell my air MS tank.
    Last edited by Redfred; 05-01-16 at 12:28 PM.

Super Moderator
    1.5ohm that comes with it. 0.75ohm holds no interest for me ... though the coils may be suitable for my eGrip OLED.

The standard GS (and CS and CL) coils are a pain in the butt to rebuild, and I want the ability to recoil if availability of the chosen coil becomes limited (and there's a few reasons why this happens). This way, I only have to buy 2 types of coil ... CLR for my eGo ONEs and eGrip, Kanger EVOD/ProTank for my daughter's gear.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yes they are a PITA to rebuild. I'm not interested in rebuilding anymore. The 1.2 occ are different to the 1.5 coils. Single vertical cotton( 5 times better IMO). The top cap doesn't come off like the 1.5. Anywho give them a shot you will be very surprised. Juicewhore carry them.
    Cheers.

AVF Regular
    I finally got my act together and tried this with one of my own braided silica (ecowool) wicks in one of the larger eleaf Gs M tanks. (I had previously set a stock 1ohm CLR coil in a smaller tank and that experiment worked even though I did not like the wicking)

This works beautifully. What a clever idea...... A clear tank I like with easily rebuildable coils. Thanks GT the flavour is all there and the draw is better. I used the 1ohm rebuildable coil to reduce the air and I have the tank about 1/2 way open.

Just some aesthetics. The eleaf is chromed and the silver ego one base is brushed/Matt finish. If you want a tank that looks normal you need to get one of the coloured ego ones that have the chromed base. (Not silver or black)
    gtadmin likes this.

Super Moderator
    Base off a mega tank I take it XX?
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Base off a mega tank I take it XX?
    Yes. I think the same could work in the cero tanks. Too much going on to try at the moment but it's on the list.
    gtadmin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast