Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Crisscross
  • 2 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Playtime - Joytech CLR Coils In Billet Box

AVF Regular

Playtime - Joytech CLR Coils In Billet Box

Note this is just tinkering at this stage.

After discussions in the WTB thread I had a bit of a play around with this and conceptually it works and fires. I prefer to use things that I have lying around and not have to manufacture from scratch so these are stock CLR coils. It will need a bit of tweaking to get the wicking slots the right size and this might have some impact on the length of the tube. I forgot to mention that the little ring that sits below the wicks in the original coil head can be adjusted for eliquid flow control. It still works in this set up.

Firstly I took a CLR coil and removed the top section and the ring that sits below the wick and on top of the flange. The flange was sanded back and the ridges sanded off both the original ring plus an additional spare ring.

The two rings were put back on the coil head. One below the (sanded back) flange and one above. This becomes the section that goes through the bottom of the boro tank and butts up against the inner orings. They need to be smooth to allow the orings to do their job and properly seal the boro tank. Recoiled and wicked the coil head.

The tube can either be a diver top tube or a Sophia top tube. Both have threading that work on the CLR coil. Screw either tube onto the CLR coil and insert into the boro tank.

Notes: the threads are deep enough on either of the top tubes to fully close so to make this a permanent device I would have to burr the threads to stop them closing and keeping the tube length correct. As it was just a play I was not prepared to risk my divers or Sophia's

Anyway it was a hot lazy day of tinkering.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 05-03-16 at 06:46 PM.
    gtadmin, Fatman, Big Ev and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Egg-cellent XX
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet