• 2 Post By Robray
  • 2 Post By Crisscross
  • 2 Post By nikolous
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Stove top coils?

AVF Regular

Stove top coils?

Has anyone experimented with "stove top" coils?

I had one go and the results were interesting, Good vapour but the flavour wasn't quite right. I think it might be to do with airflow.

Anyone got any tips/hints?
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Funny you should brung this up. Our dry herb cousins have been doing some work with these. Dont know much about them, but of course I did go and have a look see. I wont post any links but Fasstech forums is one place to browse for some ideas. I can certainly see their use for vaping.
    Crisscross and fabricator4 like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    If my memory serves me correct............

I think FM tinkered with them last year and posted a pic.
    Robray and fabricator4 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I think Riptrippers did a build for them over a year ago.
    I don't really see how it'd work...
    There have been some interesting build pics on the Goon RDA on insta though. I'm just using a simple fused clapton in mine though
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

Super Moderator
    Yep I did have a infatuation with them a while back ...they work quite well, especially in the world of squonking ( where wicking isnt so much of an issue)
    I found having a square of cotton underneath them , which absorbed the majority of "up-squonk" liquid and a lighter less dense top cover worked best with side airflow ... but you can also build them vertical with a folded sheet of wicking over both sides ... Biggest drama is finding the compromise between wicking and airflow ... not discouraging , but neither were they inspiring... I think they might work better with mesh but I didnt follow that thru
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Yep I did have a infatuation with them a while back ...they work quite well, especially in the world of squonking ( where wicking isnt so much of an issue)
    I found having a square of cotton underneath them , which absorbed the majority of "up-squonk" liquid and a lighter less dense top cover worked best with side airflow ... but you can also build them vertical with a folded sheet of wicking over both sides ... Biggest drama is finding the compromise between wicking and airflow ... not discouraging , but neither were they inspiring... I think they might work better with mesh but I didnt follow that thru
    That was my experience. I put one in the Theorem, and put the wick against one side. The other side had direct airflow from the cross airflow channel (would look back to front because the air comes from behind the posts). I had no problem with the wicking at all (KU Rayon) and it produced a lot of vapour, but the flavour was a bit ordinary. It pretty well destroyed Hiliq Dragon Tail flavour. I should probably try again but use my ADV on the RDA.

My understanding was that you weren't supposed to completely cover the coil with wick. I've still go the coil so might throw it in the RDA later if the leads are long enough.
    Robray likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.