Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: DNA60 and DNA250

AVF Regular

DNA60 and DNA250

Evolv is proud to announce our new DNA 60 board. It is a DNA 40 sized board with the added functionality of EScribe. The boards are available now in extremely limited quantities to enable our customers to have products on the market before the FDA August 8th deadline. Because of component lead times, volume availability is not expected until October of 2016. As a result customers will be limited to 1 board per device that they plan to release plus one board as a spare.

It is largely the same dimensions as the DNA 40 with the following exceptions.

-The inductor on the back of the board is 4mm high like the DNA 20 & 30 not 3.5mm like the DNA 40.

-The fire button is the green fire button from the DNA 75 & 200 not the 3.1mm tall button from the DNA 40.

-The adjust buttons are new, taller and clickier than the previous buttons but still waterproof.

- The board has 5 through holes on the bottom for data and charger. Our 1 amp charger has been updated to include USB data pins.

Individual quantity pricing is as follows:

$59.99 with charger
    $49.99 without charger
    Last edited by laurie9300; 27-07-16 at 05:32 PM.
    Crisscross and Tpe like this.

Tpe
    AVF Regular
    Dna 60 sounds great. Small like a 40 and a bit more punch, very nice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Crisscross and laurie9300 like this.

AVF Regular
    2A charger on the 250w or go home.
    δΣx

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    But will a DNA60 retro-fit in a Shark, Flask, Hana, cHana, etc, etc ...

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashy View Post
    2A charger on the 250w or go home.
    Hmm, I read that the 2A charging on the DNA200 was exclusive to Vaporshark. Let's see if they implement it on the DNA250. I've got 3 DNA200's and 2 of them are Vaporsharks and I just love the zip charging. Makes up for the inconvenience of not being able to swap batteries on the fly. The Thinkvape takes forever to finish charging. Personally, for me, a DNA200 throttled down to 133 watts with the form factor of a Vaporshark and the convenience of taking 2 18650's would have me reaching for my wallet again.

Do people really vape higher than 200 watts, though? I almost never go higher than 100 watts. I like to enjoy my vape and above 200w just scorches my mouth.

AVF Regular
    2Amp charging is confirmed on the DNA250, lets see those fuses and possibly batteries fail even more often

I love that most are posting on ECF about the DNA250 in the same vein i feel about it...great even more watts ill never use

I actually got someone to check my watts during initial firing and then sustained usage on both the DNA200 and TB the other day - easier when you have a set of extra eyes. At my usual 185c, im hitting about 26w initially and then 18w during the sustained firing....so i wasnt far off my belief that on the DNA200 that i had about 174w to spare

DNA200 Escribe Update and better SS curves

I came in to post largely for the firmware update contained in the DNA250 version of Escribe, which can be used of course for all DNA variants (except the 40 of course), it contains the newer SS profiles rolled out for the DNA75, which can improve the SS response when on the temp limit. Now people like me with a DNA200 can use them.

To be fair it has been available for a little while, but as it was tagged as an early release, i like to wait to see what happens to the early adopters

Its available here:

View Single Post - Early Firmware - Evolv DNA Forum

Under this heading:

[EARLY]
    *** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***

A quick note on the update:

After running Escribe, plugging in your mod, and uploading the new "service pack", you may (and i did) get the glitch that the battery bar shows 0%. Dont panic. Disconnect the DNA mod (hit disconnect in the toolbar), unplug it, then replug it, and hit upload settings in the toolbar....fixed, battery should be back to normal.

It does seem to be smoother when it hits the limit on SS, as to howthe new curves handle SS in entirety, i cant say as ive never had a problem with 0.5+ ohm SS316 builds on mine. I use both the LostVapes Efusion default SS profile and the Steam Engine one without issue, the Jasquith ones form the DNA200 forums actually produce anaemic vapour for me, so i dont use them.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 03-09-16 at 08:54 PM.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    What a waste of time temperature control turned out to be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    What a waste of time temperature control turned out to be.
    I know youre not happy about the SMY SDNA dying yet again, but its not temp controls fault

Apart from the DNA40 board failing on me in the beginning, ive never had a bad day on temp control, countless bad days using VW
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    :/ my smy dna75 is going very well :/ any chance of warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I've had 3 smy sdna200 mods die in a year.
    2 replacements on warranty.
    I don't want anymore of the crap they sell.
    I'd like to remove the chip and use it as a mech mod.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast