Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Crisscross

Thread: DIY Joyetech Evic AIO tank fix

AVF Regular

DIY Joyetech Evic AIO tank fix

The other day Polo sent me an Evic AIO that he had broken the tank on and I received it this morning.
    Replacement tanks are out of stock pretty much everywhere but here is some quick fixes if you do the same.

Firstly you can still use the adapter without the glass tank and put an atomizer on top as long as you have the top and bottom caps of the broken tank. It's a bit fiddly holding all the bits but the adapter screws onto the top cap of the tank so you need to place the tank top and bottom caps inside the mod and because the devices bottom pin is spring loaded, as long your adapter is touching the inside of the cap it will still work.

Once screwed up properly the adapter is stable inside your mod.

Rigging a new tank.

I looked around at what I already had lying around to match the specs.

OD 17.9
    Glass thickness 1.5
    Glass height 33.4

The most common glass of this size I have is the genitank, protank, Aerotank & davide
    Straight away the diameter is spot on however the height is 3-4mm short.
    You can still use them if you use a spacer oring between the caps rim and the top of the glass, this was a common method of creating seals in the old carto days. It works and will get you vaping until you can get the right size glass.

Proviso I had no idea of the consistency of these devices so you may need to play with the oring sizes to get a proper height seal.

The bottom left pic below shows the new DIY tank on the left next to the genuine tank.

Last edited by Crisscross; 19-10-16 at 02:37 PM.
    Noe, Fatman, fabricator4 and 4 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011