Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Diamonds Are Forever

AVF Regular

Diamonds Are Forever

Well not really diamonds but I couldn't think of a catchy title with the words embossed puffy stickers.

Ok the challenge was put up by Rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Off topic (and am really really big sorry but wasnt sure where else to ask) But XX I dont suppose you could do a tutorial for girly ecigs when you have time please?

Not to say that your new stuff is not girly - it really is beautiful work - but

Maybe one for doing this type of mod?

HCigar Princess Bling Nemesis Mod

Kawaii 3D Bling Vape Kits

Dark Princess Custom 3D Bling Vape

(could even be done on a box mod ) Its just that we dont see many of these types and the ones we do see are either out of date mods like twists or they are well over priced

Just that some women are more girly in the traditional sense than others and it might be a good tutorial for them or thier partner?

Anyways I just thought I would ask .. just in case you say yes! Please please say yes?

Firstly let me say that this was a laugh and I spent some dreaming time on it. LOL. Even though I have all the bits, I rarely put them all together. Oh an apologies for the dark photos. It's a bit dismal over here.

I think the important thing is that everything you put on your mods or vape gear still has to feel nice in the hand. That means no sharp edges, no sticky/tacky glue and it must be resilient to use. It must also not change the balance too much. Something you add might be top heavy and will eventually irritate you when you use the mod.

So I suppose the first thing is to have quick look at what you have lying around that might work on the mod you want to bling and whether you want the design to be permanent or temporary. Let's assume temporary for the moment.

Grab some clear book covering from the local supermarket or Newsagency. This makes great clear wraps and you can also use it to layout your design.

Choose your colour scheme and do a quick layout.

Crystals & stickers.
    The range of these are enormous (craft store, online, local $2 shop, cheap as chips). They are designed to be almost removable so if you like the design you can use additional glue to keep them stuck properly. An example is these these crystal flowers, there is only a central glue dot so to curve around a tube mod you need more glue. Remember what I said about sticky glue. Use a craft glue that dries clear.

These are stuck directly to some coloured tubes I have. Make sure you clean the tubes with some alcohol (removes finger prints and gives a nice clean surface)

Diamanté lines. Not only can you get single diamantés you can get them already on a glue strip for you to use.

MVP @ embossed puffy sticker scrolls

I still have some older cheap MVP wraps and I think the white is a nice background. These stickers are quite soft and will squish over time.

I have to say that this is my favourite

I have some other ideas that I will add later.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 07-11-16 at 10:38 AM.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular

Fatman, lheamfrg, btobw and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    How do you think they'd go with juice spills?
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    The crystals are very good. I have had them on my cloupor mini's for over a year and they are the same. The stickers have a plasticised coating and last a reasonable time. The puffy stickers are plastic so are wipe able.

I should add that a lot will depend on the glue you use.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 07-11-16 at 11:37 AM.
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just before I head out. Some additional ideas from previous play.

These are called shimmer sheets. They can be used as is or easily embossed or embellished with crystals (shimmery background. These sheets are too thick to go round a tube mod but work great as flat panels on box mod. The edges will be sharp so you will need a line of something raised (diamantés etc) to protect your hands.

Also in the picture is thin pinstripes (used for nail art) they can give you a different geometric feel either as its own design or to contain a pattern of diamantés

A couple of embossed samples

Fatman, btobw and laurie9300 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Thinking of having a go Doggy? :-)

Some bling for someone for Christmas?
    DogMan likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Let's talk glue.
    There are a lot of different ways you can glue things these days. Super glue (E6000), craft glues (3D crystal) and glue mediums (multmediums or PVA). I use a lot of 3M double sided super sticky sheets. They can be cut to size, are clear and hold most things I need to.

Let's talk bows and dangly bits. I don't have a lot of these because I find them irritating on my gear. You can find most of these (called findings) either online or at local craft stores. They are attached with orings and jewellery clips.
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Thinking of having a go Doggy? :-)

Some bling for someone for Christmas?
    of course

no, i just figured someone, somewhere will be reading, and either too shy to ask, or not think of it and get caught out in the event it was an issue

art school critique sessions, it just becomes habit to query
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    im sorry i seen that thread title and the words of the old man crossed my mind.

Mum: its our anniversary soon and diamonds are forever.
    Dad: so is divorce, guess what one is cheaper and means more.

on topic, god dam it XX you certainly know how to make a person drool over the custom shineys
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wow XX thankyou so much for doing this and am loving your ideas!

Would never have thought of the embossed paper - and so deceptivly simple too!

One of the ideas I had was to base a bling mod on this design or even just the triangles (triforce) in the centre

So was also wondering if you think it best to put the dimenties on individually or buy dimente chains/strips for it?

Also is it worth lightly sanding the mod before applying the glue like you do with decoupage or is it best not to worry about and just wipe with an alcohol cleaner?

Sorry for the questions- its just that I have never played with dimenties

Thanks in advance and again!

Your creativity and talent never ceases to amaze
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast