Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rebuilding Limitless RDTA Plus First Attempt

AVF Regular

Rebuilding Limitless RDTA Plus First Attempt

Hi guys,

So I got my Limitless Plus in the mail this morning and have attempted my first rebuild with the pre-made coils that came with it.

I put it on the ohm-meter and it appears to be fluctuating between .19 and .22 currently. So I tentatively tried to dry fire it at 10 watts, and noticed nothing but a slight burning smell. Turned it up to 15 watts and then 20 with the same result. The coils don't glow at all.

Where am I going wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    What ohms is it reading on the mod. If it's not glowing do the coils get hot at all?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Havent had experience with gigantic caterpillar fences you guys call coils (lol).
    Could it be that there isnt enough watts pushing through those gigantic coils to make it glow?
    Try increasing the watts?
    DogMan and muscovyduckling like this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    This is exactly what happened to me at the workshop with the exact same coils. This is why the guy who was helping me put it onto his RX2/3 and fired it a few times and then it lit up and we could see the hot spots. There was more power in the mod than in the little Ohm/reader fire box thingy. This is what I was trying to explain in my thread Chris...
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me at the workshop with the exact same coils. This is why the guy who was helping me put it onto his RX2/3 and fired it a few times and then it lit up and we could see the hot spots. There was more power in the mod than in the little Ohm/reader fire box thingy. This is what I was trying to explain in my thread Chris...
    OK, didn't think you could set the watts on the ohmmeter thingy LOL so assumed he had it on the mod, but yes that little box might have trouble firing two of those coils :-D
    Cat likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The ohm reader you have here do not fire.. it only gives you an overall idea of your resistance.
    I have limitless and have been using it for some time now.. the coils definitely needs a mod to dry fire and remove all the hot spots. I would ideally give it about 30w or more to dry fire and remove the hot spots. Have a look at some YouTube videos for wicking the limitless. (Keeping the wicks half way to the tank works for me tge best).
    I would than adjust my watts according to my vape style after juicing it up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    20 watts on 0.2 ohm is only 2 volts

turn it up a bit
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Yeah sorry I should have been clearer - I know the ohm reader doesn't fire, so I did fire it on my RX200s.

So I just put it up to 30 watts and voila they glow! Just need to fiddle a bit more to get one to heat more evenly then I'll attempt to wick it!

Thanks guys :-)

DogMan and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Okay, so I was scrubbing the coil that wasn't heating as well, and I think I may have damaged it (scrubbing on live mod with steel tweezers - I know better than to do this from my research, SO stupid of me grr!) because it now looks like this:

AVF Regular
    If a coil heats up faster than the other, pinch it, this will reduce the spacing between the wraps. Alternatively you could strum the coil that is heating up slower, this will make tiny gaps between the wraps.
    Cat likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast