• 2 Post By Vapewave
  • 1 Post By maxsmd
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Evstratos
  • 1 Post By Vapewave

Thread: Limitless Plus 24g kanthal .3ohm build

AVF Regular

Limitless Plus 24g kanthal .3ohm build

Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice, special shout out to Fabricator and Whisp!

Looked like I didn't have enough cotton in the coil (see above photo) so I fed a bit more into each one.

Moment of silence for the coils that didn't make it :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DogMan and Whisp like this.

AVF Regular
    Congrats on building your coils.
    You might want to consider having the cotton sitting just below the holes and not reaching all the way down into the bottom of the tank.
    Vapewave likes this.

AVF Regular
    Okay, I thought it might not wick properly if I did it that way? I'm a total newb when it comes to RDA's and RDTA's!

AVF Regular
    And thanks! I'm feeling pretty good about the way it turned out

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapewave View Post
    Okay, I thought it might not wick properly if I did it that way? I'm a total newb when it comes to RDA's and RDTA's!
    Usually enough sloshes around that it will wet the wicks, or you can tilt it over occasionally. It's not critical anyway.

Yes I was going say "more wick"! through the coils :-) It should be firm to pull through the coils, not loose at all.

You've only got four wraps on those coils. It's OK but a bit minimal LOL

When you rebuild it, maybe go for five or six. Don't worry about it too much if it's vaping OK though.
    Vapewave likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I originally had six wraps but for some reason they were reading at about 1.17, so I pulled it out but then misjudged my leg length and had to pull out another lol.

It actually vapes pretty nicely - the coils glow evenly from the inside out, it's only dropped down to .28 and is staying there - it's not getting too hot, I'm getting some nice clouds, and overall I was pleasantly surprised.

Could do with more flavour, but I'm thinking I will re-wick it tomorrow and try some premium juice I've been saving for a special occasion :-)

Xbb
    AVF Regular
    With vapewaves example in the first pic I notice that he has spaced coils. What would be the difference to the resistance/vape if he had chosen to wrap those coils tight without the spaces?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapewave View Post
    Yeah I originally had six wraps but for some reason they were reading at about 1.17, so I pulled it out but then misjudged my leg length and had to pull out another lol.

It actually vapes pretty nicely - the coils glow evenly from the inside out, it's only dropped down to .28 and is staying there - it's not getting too hot, I'm getting some nice clouds, and overall I was pleasantly surprised.

Could do with more flavour, but I'm thinking I will re-wick it tomorrow and try some premium juice I've been saving for a special occasion :-)

6 wrap 24g shouldn't ohm out at 1.17. My guess is u didn't have the screws tight enough so it wasn't getting a solid connection. A tip for wrapping spaced coils is to wrap with plenty of space between(doesn't have to be pretty), then with one hand grab both legs of the coil and pull, and with the other hand pinch/squash the coil together. Should bounce back nicely spaced. If it doesn't work the first time repeat til coils are lookin pretty
    Vapewave likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Evstratos View Post
    6 wrap 24g shouldn't ohm out at 1.17. My guess is u didn't have the screws tight enough so it wasn't getting a solid connection. A tip for wrapping spaced coils is to wrap with plenty of space between(doesn't have to be pretty), then with one hand grab both legs of the coil and pull, and with the other hand pinch/squash the coil together. Should bounce back nicely spaced. If it doesn't work the first time repeat til coils are lookin pretty
    Yep spot on mate, tried it again today and came in at .28ohms - I just hadn't tightened them down properly :-)

Evstratos likes this.