• 1 Post By jobics
  • 1 Post By jobics
  • 1 Post By Seminewvaper75
  • 1 Post By gurishka
  • 2 Post By jobics

Thread: Tobeco Mini Super Tank Refurbishment

AVF Regular

Tobeco Mini Super Tank Refurbishment

Hi all. Got sick of the peeling paint so took to it tonight with some 800 wet/dry followed by 2000 wet/dry. Came out a million bucks.

Just a note: if you have the original Uwell Crown tank packaging, the coils came with rubber caps on the coils. They're exactly the right fit on the super tank drip tip. Put one on and close off your air flow and throw it in your pocket and you're good to go. No lint, dust, or any unwanteds in your tank.

steve.c, jobics and Seminewvaper75 like this.

AVF Regular
    I have three of these tanks, two silver and one black. What happened to yours? Does the paint start to chip off after a while? I actually like these tanks and their coils - really cheap. Even though they are atlantis style coils compatible I find the original aspire atlantis family coils don't stand up to the flavour and performance of the tobeco coils (mind you the ones that come with the tank in the package suck - best to buy a five pack replacement).
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks, you've given another thing to do :-(

Wait, how long did it take you to do this?
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    I have three of these tanks, two silver and one black. What happened to yours? Does the paint start to chip off after a while? I actually like these tanks and their coils - really cheap. Even though they are atlantis style coils compatible I find the original aspire atlantis family coils don't stand up to the flavour and performance of the tobeco coils (mind you the ones that come with the tank in the package suck - best to buy a five pack replacement).
    I put my white in the ultrasonic and I watched it the first time and no chipping happened. I thought it was ultrasonic proof. Hehehe, 2nd time it went into the wash, paint chipped off.
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    Never mind found the appreciation thread
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Jobics, mate, it took me maybe 10 minutes at the most to do. Send them to me if you can't be bothered mate. Happy to do them.

The paint chips and flakes off the tank Seminewvaper. It didn't happen until about the fourth wash in hot water for the paint to soften then chip away. The coils in these are far superior to the aspire ones and they wick very well!

I figured I'd clean it all off and get rid of the engraving burr on the bottom of the tank too so it won't scratch any mods. Looks great now.
    jobics likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Jobics, mate, it took me maybe 10 minutes at the most to do. Send them to me if you can't be bothered mate. Happy to do them.

The paint chips and flakes off the tank Seminewvaper. It didn't happen until about the fourth wash in hot water for the paint to soften then chip away. The coils in these are far superior to the aspire ones and they wick very well!

I figured I'd clean it all off and get rid of the engraving burr on the bottom of the tank too so it won't scratch any mods. Looks great now.
    Thanks for the offer. Very generous of you but if it only took you 10 minutes, I think I can handle it .... hope these aren't the famous last words of my TMS.
    muscovyduckling and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    The trick is not to apply a huge amount of pressure to remove the paint. Having it only pressure fitted into the chuck meant i needed a delicate touch and you knew when you had too much pressure on the tank as it stopped spinning.