Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Buzzing/Static like noise when Firing on Cricket v2

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Buzzing/Static like noise when Firing on Cricket v2

Hi fellow vapenaysh buddies!

Just got my noisy cricket 2 and reload rda today!
    as title states, its when I pair these two together, when I fire it makes this sort of light buzzing/static noise. its not super crazy loud but its enough to notice.
    Im running the cricket2 in regulated series and my potentiometre is at a low-ish setting maybe 1/3 power. the batteries aren't overheating, even though it makes this noise, it fires like it should.

Because of this, I dont want to fire the noisy cricket in any other modes as of yet. I have put the reload RDA on my minikin v2 and rx2/3 and that sound does not exists when I fire. I have also thrown other rda's onto the noisy cricket and does not make that sound either. only when the reload rda is on the cricket2.

Im using fresh VCT5a batteries.

Sad to be benching my cricket after just getting it.

running n80 0.18ohm build if that helps

any ideas as to what this sound may be? or if anyone else has experienced anything similar and can shed some light.

Thanks in advance

_Menga (:
    Last edited by mengalicious; 11-08-17 at 10:30 PM.

EDIT **

I have doubled checked all coil leads are nice and tight and is a strong connection.

HOWEVER I notice that the reload sits a tiny bit lop sided on the cricket. Im screwing the atty on as tight as I can and on one side there seems to be abit the tiniest gap. Cant get it to sit straight/evenly.

AVF Regular
    It's most likely the PWM (pulse width modulation) that is used to regulate the voltage. Perfectly normal, and you will probably only hear it when the room is absolutely silent.
    gurishka and mengalicious like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Hi fab!!

thanks for the reply!
    so from what you're saying, my understanding is that the its the voltage adjustment in the chip thats giving off that noise?

if the noise persist to get louder overtime should there be anything I need to worry about?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mengalicious View Post
    Hi fab!!

thanks for the reply!
    so from what you're saying, my understanding is that the its the voltage adjustment in the chip thats giving off that noise?

if the noise persist to get louder overtime should there be anything I need to worry about?
    It shouldn't get much louder. I think it's something on the circuit board that is generating the audio frequency. It would be pretty hard to make it louder - that would require that something be resonating and amplifying the sound.

Other people that have crickets might be able to give you more specific information.
    mengalicious likes this.

AVF Regular
    Not being fascetious ....... but maybe that's why it's called a "noisy cricket" ??

BTW I don't have one and never seen one, just pondering the simplest explanation
    mengalicious likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post
    Not being fascetious ....... but maybe that's why it's called a "noisy cricket" ??

BTW I don't have one and never seen one, just pondering the simplest explanation
    I thought it must be because of the button used on the first one... or maybe 'noisy' generally
    mengalicious likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have 2 and have always used them both as a straight mech and they are brilliant used like that.
    I did just try 1 on the variable voltage setting and although I burnt the wick, I just turned it on and hit fire, there was no noises coming from it that I would think was strange.

If I was you I would just turn off the variable voltage unless you really need it.
    mengalicious likes this.

Thanks for all the input guys!!!

I actually contacted the store today aswell, they told me to bring it back in and exchange it!

EVERYTHING IS ALL GOOD NOW!!

appreciate the reponses!! always so helpful (:

cheers

_Menga

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post

that was my thought initially.. until I wacked on other RDA's and it didnt make the noise anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast