Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: escribe for mac

AVF Regular
    oh and the Core i7 didn't come out before 2014/15 - so put that in your android
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    1st: Who rattled your cage

2nd:

p.s. I almost bought a Core i7 2011 24" iMac with 16Gb RAM the other night for an all-in-ine linux box for testing stuff, and mostly to annoy crApple fanboys, but i just couldnt press the buy button, someone else got it for $205 (i had to lol after the original owner of course got soaked when they bought it as all crApple cultists do, though they were prolly crying). Depreciation is a be-atch. Thats what the RAM inside it is worth....
    Core i5 was a superior chip then. Not in ghz, but in terms of L3 cache and longevity etc
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    You always rattle my cage, you know that.
    At least im no longer tickling your pickle....

oh and the Core i7 didn't come out before 2014/15 - so put that in your android
    Really, youre going to argue IT with me? You'll lose just as badly as that time at Steamers when you asked who wrote Blinded By The Light (which was playing at the time) and i told you it was Springsteen...it just happens that most people have only heard Manfred Mann's version...you'll just have to add IT to the list of things you shouldnt argue abotu with me...Music is number 1, IT is number 2. Relax though because outside of these 2 im functionally illiterate...so plenty of scope for you to hold stuff over me...

I even got it exact to the month for you

On May 3, 2011, Apple updated its iMac line with the introduction of Intel Thunderbolt technology and Intel Core i5 and i7 Sandy Bridge processors as well as a 1 mega pixel high definition FaceTime camera, features which were first introduced in the MacBook Pro line in February 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Core i5 was a superior chip then. Not in ghz, but in terms of L3 cache and longevity etc
    Core i5 is still the best for most people now. If my friend the Monk hadnt gifted me this PC (after i lost my last one when i became homeless 2 years ago, and so i could get back to helping my oldies and friends, including him), which is a Core i7-4790 (4 cores/8 threads at 3.6Ghz) a Core i5 is what i would have bought. Ive never come close to taxing this thing (closest is when im transcoding video across all 4 cores and 8 threads), and i run servers on it 24/7 alongside everything else, and usually 40 tabs of FireFox at any one time...most os a CPU's life is spent at idle (paying more for faster idle time is nucking futs). If you dont play games, and i dont, most people could get away with a PC from 10 years ago.

This is a live performance graph of me with 40 tabs open including 2 HD youtube clips running, 2 servers running (DNS and Squid), antivirus and everything turned on....poor i7 (and 16Gb RAM) just isnt doing a lot of work...

Its a beast, but it only gets used to its potential about a half dozen times a year.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 08-11-17 at 07:19 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I bought a new pack of jumbo chalk from the $2 shop, and my hill is made of slate. So I should be fine IT wise, till the cows come home.

And being a goat man, that is likely to be rather a long time.

At war with technology.
    DogMan, CCVaper and stylemessiah like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    I've got f*ck all interest in escribe but wondering about time share cat style....that teaser video i can forgive champ, but i can only let that pass once...
    DogMan and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    I've got f*ck all interest in escribe but wondering about time share cat style....that teaser video i can forgive champ, but i can only let that pass once...
    Id say next year will hopefully/realistically be the next timeshare cat visit.

Off to hospital for hopefully a final test next week to decide what operation theyre going to do, doubt the op will happen before christmas....

Longest ive been without cat contact in many years, and i do not care for it...i mostly have to deal with humans now.

Her Mum keeps telling me and sending pics saying "you wont believe how much shes grown" and im like "this sucks" every time
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Ehhhh, the Core i7 series wasn't bad by any stretch though.

I'm still running a Core i7 960 on my main, everyday, primary "this is what I game with" box. Damn thing has to be pushing 8 years old now, still don't have a real reason to upgrade it yet.

That's some pretty damn good longevity.
    stylemessiah likes this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    At least im no longer tickling your pickle....

Really, youre going to argue IT with me? You'll lose just as badly as that time at Steamers when you asked who wrote Blinded By The Light (which was playing at the time) and i told you it was Springsteen...it just happens that most people have only heard Manfred Mann's version...you'll just have to add IT to the list of things you shouldnt argue abotu with me...Music is number 1, IT is number 2. Relax though because outside of these 2 im functionally illiterate...so plenty of scope for you to hold stuff over me...

I even got it exact to the month for you

On May 3, 2011, Apple updated its iMac line with the introduction of Intel Thunderbolt technology and Intel Core i5 and i7 Sandy Bridge processors as well as a 1 mega pixel high definition FaceTime camera, features which were first introduced in the MacBook Pro line in February 2011

Core i5 is still the best for most people now. If my friend the Monk hadnt gifted me this PC (after i lost my last one when i became homeless 2 years ago, and so i could get back to helping my oldies and friends, including him), which is a Core i7-4790 (4 cores/8 threads at 3.6Ghz) a Core i5 is what i would have bought. Ive never come close to taxing this thing (closest is when im transcoding video across all 4 cores and 8 threads), and i run servers on it 24/7 alongside everything else, and usually 40 tabs of FireFox at any one time...most os a CPU's life is spent at idle (paying more for faster idle time is nucking futs). If you dont play games, and i dont, most people could get away with a PC from 10 years ago.

This is a live performance graph of me with 40 tabs open including 2 HD youtube clips running, 2 servers running (DNS and Squid), antivirus and everything turned on....poor i7 (and 16Gb RAM) just isnt doing a lot of work...

Its a beast, but it only gets used to its potential about a half dozen times a year.
    Don't you ever prove me wrong and have a perfectly flawless answer again... you know I hate that. This is how you treat your weird friends, you (imagine the C word in bright red letters -----> here)

Before I destroy you with my argument, which version of the i7 are we talking about? The 64 bit core microarchitecture based, the Nehalem microarchitecture based, Sandy bridge 2nd generation microarchitecture based or a patridge in a pear tree microarchitecture based? Answer that one big boy...mmmm?

You'll google this.... Who played Duncan in the musical "Boys own Macbeth" Mr IT expert?
    stylemessiah likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Don't you ever prove me wrong and have a perfectly flawless answer again... you know I hate that. This is how you treat your weird friends, you (imagine the C word in bright red letters -----> here)

Before I destroy you with my argument, which version of the i7 are we talking about? The 64 bit core microarchitecture based, the Nehalem microarchitecture based, Sandy bridge 2nd generation microarchitecture based or a patridge in a pear tree microarchitecture based? Answer that one big boy...mmmm?

You'll google this.... Who played Duncan in the musical "Boys own Macbeth" Mr IT expert?
    Ill answer as i see fit you $%^&*$

Sandy Bridge of course....for the iMac i was talking about

Im on Haswell meself

Im not googling Boys Own Macbeth, i just know its got to have either nuns or buggery in it if youre referencing it...
    CCVaper likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    Ehhhh, the Core i7 series wasn't bad by any stretch though.

I'm still running a Core i7 960 on my main, everyday, primary "this is what I game with" box. Damn thing has to be pushing 8 years old now, still don't have a real reason to upgrade it yet.

That's some pretty damn good longevity.
    The 3 DIMM slots filled me with dread....

A love of equal numbers wouldnt allow me to go there

Handy shopping links:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast