Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By filbert

Thread: Cleaning and repair of ego t atty's

Del
    AussieVapers approved Vendor

Lightbulb Cleaning and repair of ego t atty's

This post was by Lothar_Vimes in a thread about eGo T vs eGo A.

It has some great information about cleaning and getting your Ego T atty's going again, so I thought I would copy it and make it a sticky so it's a little easier to find. Thanks to both Stoney and Lothar_Vimes for their input into this.

INSTRUCTIONS

One of my T attys has been under performing for a few days now, poor vapor and flavour (worse than normal). Seeing this thread I decided to have a go at giving one a full clean with a combination of methods picked up from here, ECF and youtube.

1. Remove the spike. I couldn't dig up anything small enough with a hook to get under the plate but it looks pretty solid.
    I took a small flat blade screwdriver and pushed the spike to the side using the top of the cone as leverage. Popped right off, no damage.

2. Cleaning the coil. I see what you mean about the gunk on there, I'd been using some JW but mostly Dekang. I was trying to avoid clogging up the coil, perhaps with the design of these, it will clog up fairly quickly regardless of the juice used.
    For this I used the Janty recommended method. Short version, rinse under hot water, blow out from both ends and then dry burn on a 3.7 device 4 times (hold button down until cut-off) while blowing on the atty.

3. Cleaning the wick. Before I looked at the coil, the first thing I noticed was how "burnt" the wick was. Somebody on ECF pointed out that this isn't the wick burnt, but the juice left on there.
    Take a cigarette lighter (remember those?) and burn the wick. I held the spike in a pair of pliers, put the wick in the flame and let the old crusty juice burn off. I did this a few times and it was nearly white when I was done.

4. Putting it back together. I've seen a video of somebody using tweezers to put the plate back in and it took them a few goes to get it back in, they didn't have a good grip on the spike.
    I had a look at a tank and the hole that the spike goes into, looks about right. I put the tank onto the spike, lined up the long side of the plate with the coil and pushed it on. Took a little bit of force but I heard a nice satisfying click. Removed the tank and the spike stayed in place.
    Then I took an empty 510 cart, put the side where the filler goes over the spike and gave it a few taps with the handle of a screwdriver.

Put on a full tank, gave it a few primer pulls to get some juice in there.
    First vape, just like new. I've only put one tank through it since, but so far no leaks, no dry hits and taste back to as new.

All up it took about 15 minutes. YMMV and I can only assume disassembly would void your warranty and frequent removal of the plate/spike will eventually cause leaks
    Last edited by Del; 05-03-11 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    The original and the best !

hi just a quick note, this is a great thread but the screwdriver can bend the spike ever so slightly(thanks Stoney), I couldn't even see it was bent at all. So if you don't get that "satisfying click" and only have 1-2mm to go, brute force won't work(I crushed the mouthpieces on 2 tanks trying lol.) Try less force and apply sideways pressures on your T-Tank cart while pushing it in that last tiny bit. You may have to work your way around the cart till you get the just the right angle. Also a little juice on the underside of the wick really helps keep it in good shape and position over the coil (thanks Mildew.) If you get a burnt taste the underside of the wick is either not over the coil or not quite low enough or too spread out. Remove the spike again and make the underside of the wick look like a wet. pointy paintbrush, with the fibers neatly together. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 23-03-11 at 10:16 PM.

Del
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    So GP did it fix your leaking issues ?
    The original and the best !

A vid.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for this! Just received my EGO-T's today and I'm stoked. This video will come in handy. I've been trying to blow the shit outta my atty's to get the primer out. Now i know how my gf feels....

Mark

Wow that an nice video and I liked it it has very clearly explained all. Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by souza619 View Post
    Houston Commercial Roofing contractors provide quality Roofing in Houston Tx! We strive to give quality service and 100% satisfaction. ...[/url]
    Can you fly over and clean my gutters tomorrow?
    margyb and Genecigs like this.

Do you specify galvanised nails for your fences ? ...... I'm particular about these things.