Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Another boring Sunday

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

Another boring Sunday

Good day people

I have been around the vape forums for getting onto two years. There are lots of guys out there with some wonderful ideas, and give me plenty of inspiration and ideas. This is one of those guys

The blog of etienne-3-dubois

Spectacular work and off the cuff stuff that appeals to me.

Anyway there have been many flash light mods, and lots of innovation. At the end of the day, they are just flashlights converted to a different use. This got me thinking of a challenge. Build a flashlight mod, that retained its functionality, and could still be used as a flashlight. To the best of my knowledge its not been done, as the circuits are usually destroyed to give access for the batterys, switch, and battery connection.

This is the MK1 and my first attempt. Start was an elcheepo Led flachlight ex Kmart. Bought well before my vaping days and was hiding away in the shed (with Flat batterys). The battery pack in these take 3 x 1Ĺ V AAA batteries, stacked to provide 41/2v ish.

First job was to convert the battery carrier to allow three 10430 400mah Lithium batteries to be connected in parallel. A couple of jumper connections and blobs of solder and the job was done. First thing was to label the set up so there would be no screw ups when charging, as its charged in the Soshine in the slot for the 18650ís. Reason for the 10430ís were that they were laying around from another (failed) project

Next the LEDís and clear front lense was gently removed. Easy enough as they are just a press fit in the tube. Use a SMALL hammer and screwdriver for this!!

The original intention was to re work the original switch and convert it to a momentary action. Change of plan as this meant the lights would turn on with the atomizer. Not a lot of use for stealth vaping. This switch now only controls the light, and an eGo switch set controls the Atty. As I have used the eGo setup, I can now charge via the battery connection and a regular eGo charger.

The job included removing one of the LEDís from the board to make room for the ego switch set.

Anyway, just another flashlight nod, but pretty sure itís the only one around that can help you home in the dark??

As a bonus, if you buy two of these, you will have a spare battery holder. Load this with three of the regular alkaline batterys, and you can continue vaping should you run out of power while you are out.

Time for a whiskey!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    thats cool so the led are around the 510 connector you defiantly onto a winner there
    funny gifs

Wouldn't wanna use it in the middle of the night for a quick vape, you'd blind yourself lol.

Those mods on the blog are cool.
    Last edited by a1120028; 23-09-12 at 04:17 PM.

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by a1120028 View Post
    Wouldn't wanna use it in the middle of the night for a quick vape, you'd blind yourself lol.

Those mods on the blog are cool.

No, that was the idea of using the eGp switch set. Completely independent of the light function.

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    No, that was the idea of using the eGp switch set. Completely independent of the light function.
    Ah I got ya, I didn't look close enough.

Super Moderator
    I love it when you get bored Rob
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

i had a good day, did some 4WDing over on the block, then a few beers and I was having a nap on the couch when Blue woke me up barking .. his intruder bark..

this guy was cruising around ..

so got him tempted into my trusty snake catching laundry bag ... and released him .. right next to a hole near the chook shed where rats hang out.

In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

oh .. and awesome torch pimping Rob .. how does it vape on alkaline's ?
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    oh .. and awesome torch pimping Rob .. how does it vape on alkaline's ?

Initialy ok.

Dont know how long they would last, but certainly long enough to get you home!! Might give them a full test next Sunday!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast