Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kick discussion

AVF Regular

Kick discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ElDubya View Post
    You could just stop all the stress and send me your Paps, problem solved
    LOL. that might solve the problem , my unkicked paps is eating my 1.2 ohm coil on the DID for breakfast lunch and tea.
    Thanks to vaporize it'll be on a wattage controlled diet very soon
    Vaping since July 2012.

Sounds like you have some shorts in your coils and wick mate. I build 1.1 ohm coil for my DID and on PAPS with fresh 4.2v battery, not a problem at all. Be careful with short coil as it could damage your new Kick mate. It happened to me before.

Don't think that the Kick is invincible and will sort out your problem with short coil. The main purpose of the Kick is to give you the same wattage every time, doesn't matter what atty you put on the mod. Not to fix your short coil for you.

Please browse through this thread to fix your coil and wick Best Method To Recoil Genesis Atty

Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    LOL. that might solve the problem , my unkicked paps is eating my 1.2 ohm coil on the DID for breakfast lunch and tea.
    Thanks to vaporize it'll be on a wattage controlled diet very soon
    Last edited by Vinny; 19-10-12 at 12:28 AM.

Super Moderator
    The only thing the kick does is illeviate the need for people to use ohms law for themselves. It provides the same wattage every button press regardless of what you screw onto it. You can do the same with a calculator and 5 secs of your time

Voltage x resistance = watts

LOL Pat... I think you are wrong mate. It should be Voltage square divide ohms equals wattage (power)

(Voltage x Voltage) / Ohms = Wattage

The only thing the kick does is illeviate the need for people to use ohms law for themselves. It provides the same wattage every button press regardless of what you screw onto it. You can do the same with a calculator and 5 secs of your time

AVF Regular

Well, except once you have done the calculator thing, there is no way to alter the voltage in a standard mechanical tube mod like a paps to get the wattage you want

AVF Regular
    Usable range from 4.1 -3.6 v is a massive variance in taste with my Vk royal ADV. ohms law is a usefull tool, but I'm not making a new coil every time I loose a few points of a volt LOL The kick should give me the consistency I've grown to love with the Zmax and lavatube.
    Vaping since July 2012.

the kick has some limits, it can not supply less voltage than the battery voltage (so i hear) and its going to have a limited current output, so i am not sure exactly what it does on a very LR situation or shorted coil .. I guess it either shuts down or takes damage ??
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Would be handy to have some feedback from anyone on the kicks performance with genesis setups. The 1.2 ohm coil I'm the did was set low without the kick in mind however, and I imagine a highy resistance coil would be in order as Stoney implies.
    I have to say I'm surprised it is only a booster and not a limiter. Maybe a Provari is next on the cards after all.
    Vaping since July 2012.

i made this you beaut meter so we would get all types of cool technical feedback ..
    the silence is deafening

could someone with a kick and an ECD meter confirm, minimum output capability .. ie, can the volts be less than the battery. try running at low watts into an LR with a fully charged battery.. will it do it ?
    max output current .. suspect 2.5A, using same LR .. crank it to max and check the current and power, if power is less than 10W then the current is probably at max.

I really should write a hints and tips page for the ECD.
    Last edited by Stoney; 19-10-12 at 03:18 AM.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    What he said
    Vaping since July 2012.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast