Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Base insulator on the 'didnt'

Base insulator on the 'didnt'

whats wrong with silicon ?
    not had any problems, just don't do it up too tight.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Not sure how this pic will come out but it's the silicone clear looking things, have had one pull through from the connector on the didn't

to pull it through you must have simply done it up far too tight on the top screw, it only needs to be snugged down gently.
    teflon may be better for the top one, but the bottom one needs some springiness to ensure a good connection and so it doesn't push atty connectors into mods.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    to pull it through you must have simply done it up far too tight on the top screw, it only needs to be snugged down gently.
    teflon may be better for the top one, but the bottom one needs some springiness to ensure a good connection and so it doesn't push atty connectors into mods.
    yeah I did it up as tight as I do the real DID and it pulled through and split, so yep it was too tight but not having a spare rendered the thing useless. Pretty sure someone else has done it on here as well and I'm sure there will be other 'tards that do it in the future.

Just seems like a good idea to at least be able to get spares for little things like that. I think that's where the vendor value really comes in. I'd happily pay $40 for one of these with a couple of spares and knowing I could get more down the track if need be.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    yeah I did it up as tight as I do the real DID and it pulled through and split, so yep it was too tight but not having a spare rendered the thing useless. Pretty sure someone else has done it on here as well and I'm sure there will be other 'tards that do it in the future.

Just seems like a good idea to at least be able to get spares for little things like that. I think that's where the vendor value really comes in. I'd happily pay $40 for one of these with a couple of spares and knowing I could get more down the track if need be.
    put my hand up for being a tard.mines not split,but pulled through.havn't sorted a fix yet.
    RIP VP

quick fix, use one of the same insulators that are in the ends of the centre post.

i have a hundred or so of these insulators made for screwing TO220 devices to heatsinks.

TO-220 Silicon Rubber Insulating Kit - Pk.4 - Jaycar Electronics

i just dismantled my 'didnt' .. sanded one down around the edge to reduce the overall diameter and replaced the bottom insulator with it, reassembled the tank and filled it with water to see if it leaks .. no leaks in 30 minutes so far. It looks good, the O ring above it is doing the job.

will post some pics ..
    stevepowley likes this.

with insulator in ..

pin removed ..

and from L to R, original insulator, sanded down bush and full size bush.

floorzone2 and stevepowley like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    quick fix, use one of the same insulators that are in the ends of the centre post.
    You can even remove the center post entirely, the one I am using didn't come with a center post fitted, silly China man still has it on his desk, then you have 2 spare silicone insulators.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    thats the fix i was thinking of.needs one in the top hole as well so it doesnt wobble about.
    with insulator in ..

pin removed ..

and from L to R, original insulator, sanded down bush and full size bush.

Last edited by floorzone2; 21-10-12 at 07:22 AM. Reason: bit more
    RIP VP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast