Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 395
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Designing a Comet Tank

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095

    Designing a Comet Tank

    Version 1.0 of a Comet tank as I would make it. Missing is the fill hole drilled and tapped in the bottom tank cap.
    Note: drawn 4:1 scale. Any comments?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gtadmin; 27-10-12 at 11:11 PM. Reason: n
    cruzmiguel and scaramus like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Version 1.0 of a Comet tank as I would make it. Missing is the fill hole drilled and tapped in the bottom tank cap.
    Note: draw 4:1 scale. Any comments?
    Is there a 3D model haha nice drawing you have too much time on ur hands... LOL

    Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by b874 View Post
    Is there a 3D model haha nice drawing you have too much time on ur hands... LOL
    Nah, my little netbook that I drew it on doesn't have the memory The hope is that if I drew it, somebody would make me one Or, I will have to buy a lathe

    Edit: note the tank tube is off a F16 or current Comet tank.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 27-10-12 at 08:50 PM.
    scaramus likes this.

  4. #4
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Version 1.0 of a Comet tank as I would make it. Missing is the fill hole drilled and tapped in the bottom tank cap.
    Note: drawn 4:1 scale. Any comments?
    Missed this somehow. Looks good mate, pretty similar to what I was thinking would work well. Use the guts out of the Comet, take away the tube & replace with end caps & tank tube. Nothing needs to be done to change the design as they are, with the same internals being used, you could even use the little silicone thing if wanted but it isn't needed an o-ring to seal that smaller top tube would work fine.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  5. #5
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Finally got around to trying the "new Comet tank".
    The tank is bigger than a DCT tank, its outer diameter is slightly larger. Internal diameter & length is the same as standard XL cartos.
    The Comet carto that came with it is working better than the previous 2 designs MB sent me but it is dry hitting unless primed even when not chain vaping. Vaping normally, there is not enough draw to wick the carto, it requires quick, hard, sharp draws to get it to wick. This is not working the way a normal Comet works & is a pity because the Comet is one of the best designs of Cartos currently available.
    If only they would keep the internal design of the Comet & put it into a tank, they would be one a real winner.

    What lets the Comets down is 2 things:
    1. Is the need to fill them upside down, which requires the use of a syringe, this obviously isn't the ideal way to go out in public & refill your vape, there is a stigma attached to syringes that many non-vapers & vapers alike would recognize.
    2. The capacity of Comets means that there is a real need to take pre-filled spares along with you when you are out & about or a syringe & bottle of juice or both.

    I think GT's design would work very well for a tank, using existing Comet internals & remove both of the above negatives. A fill hole in the bottom cap, with some kind of screw or plug in it when the Comet tank is in use would be ideal for blunt needle type bottles to fill it or the bottom cap could be removed & the tank filled in the same way as other carto tanks, just from the bottom.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Yeah the notta seems like it'd be the best fit for a comet, currently, since the end caps are rubber & you "cut" them to fit.
    Look forward to your pics & tutorial
    Hey guys after testing for an extended period I think the notta setup is a fail.
    It almost works but in the end I think the pressure of the rubber around the comet just chokes the wicking fractionally.
    It's not a disaster but after a while it gives me the poops having to primer puff all the time.
    I gave one to a friend to try and he broke it in under a week. I'm not sure how.
    I therefore feel this is not the answer.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Missed this somehow. Looks good mate, pretty similar to what I was thinking would work well. Use the guts out of the Comet, take away the tube & replace with end caps & tank tube. Nothing needs to be done to change the design as they are, with the same internals being used, you could even use the little silicone thing if wanted but it isn't needed an o-ring to seal that smaller top tube would work fine.
    Thanks This version *does* use the "little silicon thing" (it's drawn in yellow)

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    ...
    I think GT's design would work very well for a tank, using existing Comet internals & remove both of the above negatives. A fill hole in the bottom cap, with some kind of screw or plug in it when the Comet tank is in use would be ideal for blunt needle type bottles to fill it or the bottom cap could be removed & the tank filled in the same way as other carto tanks, just from the bottom.
    Fill hole in the tapered part of the bottom cap is the plan. Removing the bottom cap to fill is definitely not the plan

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Get a CE2 clearo tank. Like the original MAP tank. They are the same size and fit perfectly.


    Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Do you reckon the EPM tank from JW would fit.

    I still remember when you got your Arry , I was jealous then and now. Just my cheapness overrides my green eyes.
    scaramus likes this.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Whyalla, SA
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    Hey guys after testing for an extended period I think the notta setup is a fail.
    It almost works but in the end I think the pressure of the rubber around the comet just chokes the wicking fractionally.
    It's not a disaster but after a while it gives me the poops having to primer puff all the time.
    I gave one to a friend to try and he broke it in under a week. I'm not sure how.
    I therefore feel this is not the answer.
    Replace the plastic tube of the Comet with *any* SS carto tube of sufficient length, making sure you have slots / holes in the right spot naturally, and then try it a Notta. My Notta worked until the little fill hole screw broke

 

 
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:15 PM.