Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wire and mesh for rebuilding Genisis atomizers

Wire and mesh for rebuilding Genisis atomizers

Good afternoon everyone,
    I think I'm getting a little low on wire so was going to orders some, but I just thought I would check if there is someone who sells it who is a AVF member who I can support.
    I just thought that there might be because there are people who sell excellent batteries, supersport600, people who sell wick, Vinny, so thought there might be someone who sells wire, and doesn't mind answering a question or 3
    Lots of people here have supported me and given me excellent advice so i thought i might aswell try and keep my money in forum, so to speak.
    And also wanted to know where the best place to buy mesh is, beening looking at the mesh company, is that where most people are getting there's?

If you want to support Aussie business....Vapebar sells mesh and wire...that's all I know of but there are probably more

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    THE FOG, Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,5.5ml Phat Liquinator,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, L-T various attachments, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,

I would prefer to buy a roll of it because I seem to be using quite a bit of it.
    I was definately thinking of getting Kanthal 32g, but was also wondering if there were any other gauge I should consider getting aswell.
    Last edited by Bullos; 14-11-12 at 02:56 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think I need some 32gauge kanthal too, just to experiment with. I am pretty sure it will be too thin for my liking but I have never used it. The 28gauge I use is awesome to work with but means winding a lot more wraps to get the ohms right. I actually think the elusive 31gauge or 30 gauge is going to be my ideal size.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I think 28guage sound good for me and my coiling habits because I seem to prefer more wraps but then the Ω are very high and I feel I need to run much higher voltage and when I put the atomizer on to a mechanical mod I hardly get any vapor at all.
    I was thinking of getting a 20 or 30 meter roll because it would be nice to know I have lots there and it's not like it will go off or anything like that, as long as it stored properly.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    I think 28guage sound good for me and my coiling habits because I seem to prefer more wraps but then the Ω are very high and I feel I need to run much higher voltage and when I put the atomizer on to a mechanical mod I hardly get any vapor at all.
    I was thinking of getting a 20 or 30 meter roll because it would be nice to know I have lots there and it's not like it will go off or anything like that, as long as it stored properly.
    Suggest until you find the gauge that suits your needs, you buy smaller amounts to test with & just buy as you need more, like when you have 0.5meter left.

I could sell or swap you some 28gauge, from what I have here.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Each gage wire is made for a specific
    Use in my opinion such as if your using a hybrid mod
    It's better with 32A coz u really can not play much
    With voltage so u need low ohms and control it
    Your self by how many raps ,how thick is the wick
    ......etc
    But when u have a VV mod 28gage is better
    For it coz u have the option of playing around
    With voltage .
    Just my opinion

I hope to have a hybrid and a VV mod in a couple of weeks.
    What do you mean by 32A Ali?

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I think I need some 32gauge kanthal too, just to experiment with. I am pretty sure it will be too thin for my liking but I have never used it. The 28gauge I use is awesome to work with but means winding a lot more wraps to get the ohms right. I actually think the elusive 31gauge or 30 gauge is going to be my ideal size.
    I found someone selling 100ft of 30guage wire for $6 on eBay.
    I sent him a message asking if it is possible to split it into 2 50ft spools, just to see what he says.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalivapor View Post
    Each gage wire is made for a specific
    Use in my opinion such as if your using a hybrid mod
    It's better with 32A coz u really can not play much
    With voltage so u need low ohms and control it
    Your self by how many raps ,how thick is the wick
    ......etc
    But when u have a VV mod 28gage is better
    For it coz u have the option of playing around
    With voltage .
    Just my opinion
    Think you mean the other way around ali. With 28gauge on a non-vv mod a 4/5 wrap will give you around the .8-1ohm mark. Coupling that with hybrids generally having a longer pos post you could NEARLY push that out to like 1.2ohm with a 7/8 wrap ALA zen, perfect for 3.2-4v vaping (also dependant on what watts you vape at).

32gauge though, to get 1.3-2ohm you'd give it like a 3/4 wrap or a 4/5 wrap. Perfect for a VV mod. TBH though i much prefer 30awg for all my mods bar the cobra. Not enough working room on the cobra to get 30awg in there well IMHO.

Again this is all down to personal opinion and above is mine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast