Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By limbot
  • 1 Post By limbot

Thread: Variable mod assistance

Variable mod assistance

Newbie assistance please

Looking at moving to a VV mod and looking at the Wildfire.

I like the idea that I can run it in a shorter mode running only 1 X 18350 battery.

However doing all the reading I'm getting a bit confused

A single 18350 will only put out around 3.7v , so the unit will only go under 3.7v in this config ?

A single 18650 will also only put out 3.7V, so the unti will only go under 3.7v in this config?

2 X 18350 will give 7.4v, so output will go higher and give more flexibility than a single 18650 ?

What resistance carto/clearo/tanks are recommended at the lowest setting and the highest settings ?

Or am I completely missing the point and should just put in an order and stop over analysing ??
    Last edited by limbot; 20-11-12 at 09:43 AM.
    Tim@EcigModShop likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    No, the wildfire unit goes from 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments.
    A circuit in the electronics boosts the voltage higher than the battery voltage, when you use higher volts.

2x 18350's can not be used in the wildfire. 1.5ohm to 3ohm will work fine on it.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    what Noe said.
    however its ok to take your time and think before pressing the "order now" button.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by limbot View Post
    Newbie assistance please

Looking at moving to a VV mod and looking at the Wildfire.

I like the idea that I can run it in a shorter mode running only 1 X 18350 battery.

However doing all the reading I'm getting a bit confused

A single 18350 will only put out around 3.7v , so the unit will only go under 3.7v in this config ?

A single 18650 will also only put out 3.7V, so the unti will only go under 3.7v in this config?

2 X 18350 will give 7.4v, so output will go higher and give more flexibility than a single 18650 ?

What resistance carto/clearo/tanks are recommended at the lowest setting and the highest settings ?

Or am I completely missing the point and should just put in an order and stop over analysing ??

www.ecigmodshop.com.au

I'm not 100% sure but I think stacking batteries is more for mechanical mods.
    I use a vv pv and I really like being able to adjust it, specially on my rebuildables becuase it give me a title more room to adjust because my coiling technique is really the best.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    My mech mod actually hits harder with a genny on it, using a single 18650, than my LT does. Coil at 2ohms & that first vape in the morning is giving me a lung hit not just a throat hit LOL
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

ARGHHHHH!! So much to learn !!
    scaramus likes this.

Super Moderator
    Stacking batteries is just to give you an 8.4V input source
    Mechanical mods can hit "Harder " than other mods , because the voltage is not regulated , you get whatever the battery state is , minus any volt drop across the device ,if there is minimal volt drop across the device you get the full current the coil will allow , not what the PWM or dc-dc converter in an electrical mod allows you with its setting .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

the common thing with these mods is to either boost to a constant voltage like 6v internally and then turn the output on and off with PWM to regulate. this is simpler than a full switch mode output as less filtering is needed, cheaper dedicated chips,less feedback chippies, slightly more brains but cheaper in parts than the alternative.

i am not sure if this device does that or just boosts to the required output voltage like a provari..i expect the former.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D