interesting smell theory for salespeople

i have that moronic tv show 'braniac' on at the moment. losing iq points rapidly but they just did one interesting experiment . a first.

apparently its easier to sell a house if full of nice cooking smells, they tried it at a car boot sale. 2 identical booths, one fumigated with brewed coffee then cooking bacon then bread cooking smells.
    no sales or interest till they started the smells, cooking bread was by far the best.
    thought peeps with shops might want to experiment with this
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    There is a whole industry built up around this. My wife works in realestate, and the order of the day is fresh brewed coffee. I have known her to take our coffee machine to fire up at home opens!!

Scenting Retail Areas - Scent Retail Stores and Shops - Air Aroma
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Interesting,
    have heard the recommendation previously from Real Estate Sales folks about baking bread/cakes for open days.
    Interesting article here
    ALWAYS INSPIRING MORE... : The scent of a must-have
    Main point is probably this (referring to the connection straight to the subconcious mind rather than going through the "thinking" part of our brain

Feelings and memories

From birth on human beings possess a sense of smell. As we go through life we experience more and more different odors, store them in the brain and refine our ability to tell one scent from another.
    The sense of smell is particularly fascinating because it is mainly registered in the sub-conscious. An olfactory stimulus must be sufficiently strong to make its way into our consciousness – only then, do we notice that we are smelling something.
    The nose is also the only sense organ that sends its impulses unfiltered from the olfactory cerebrum to the amygdala, the part of the limbic system in the brain.
    This means that the impulses bypass the centers of the cerebral cortex that normally present an obstacle, and enter the sub-conscious directly.
    There, these impulses awaken feelings and memories.
    This is where the key to the question whether our buying behavior can be influenced by scent lies.
    Feelings and memories can be positive, they can reflect beauty and pleasure and thus induce consumers to buy a product.
    However they can also put us off – if we are repulsed or feel uncomfortable then we will definitely keep our distance from the product and from the purchase.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011