Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: AGA-T Setup Thread

AGA-T Setup Thread

I was hearing that the air-hole in these isn't big enough and others have said to drill out to 1/16" which is about 1.5mm however others reported that that was too big.
    So today I went on the hunt for a fitter and turner (almost reatrd) to do it for me with no pre-vail.

Instead I went to bunnings and purchased a dremel with a 3/64" drill bit which is about 1.19mm.

I ended up paying $88.30 for the dremel 3000 which included 100pc accessories Normally $149 - Price matched to Dremel 3000 Series MultiPro Rotary Tool Kit + 26 Accessories + 1 Attachment + BONUS 69pce Kit #3000-1/26
    and had to buy collet nut kit which I got price matched to for $13.99 - bunnings takes a further 10% off which makes it 12.70. - Price matched to Mytoolstore.com.au Normal price $27.95
    Best thing about the deal is the chick forgot to scan the 7 pack precision drill bits so I got them for free!!! Saving of $29.90!

Total price: $101
    Savings: $105!

I can now drill my hole out to these atomizers to a perfect size!
    Mushman likes this.

I found that the hole was fine for me, not too tight and not too air, but maybe I'm more easily pleased than others
    Mushman and lastchance like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Tools always come in handy, saving $ on them is even better
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    I found that the hole was fine for me, not too tight and not too air, but maybe I'm more easily pleased than others
    You must have small lung capacity lol
    The original hole on these feels like i'm having my lungs sucked into the atty.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Ineed, I can now cut my own cartos. Drill holes and maybe even fix my girlfriends wisdom tooth problem!

Several other pepole have reported the same thing. Kinda like sucking a golf ball through a hose.
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Just remember when drilling stainless , go Slow , keep the rpm down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Mushman likes this.

Noe
    The AGA-T's look nice, the airhole needs to be bored & on my 2 the air hole isn't lined up with the wick hole. They are both close to 180 degrees out, so I am going to try to sand about 1mm off the base of the top caps, that should get the air hole lined up perfectly.
    Essie's Glass DTs

Couldn't you try with extra o ring Noe?

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    The AGA-T's look nice, the airhole needs to be bored & on my 2 the air hole isn't lined up with the wick hole. They are both close to 180 degrees out, so I am going to try to sand about 1mm off the base of the top caps, that should get the air hole lined up perfectly.

AVF Regular
    Before you all bore your air holes out, you might want to consider drilling a seperate hole above the existing one like on MM vapers special edition Gemini DID. Make use of the full length of the coiled wick for superior vapor. 2x 0.8mm vs 1 bored out to 1.2-1.5mm. Just a thought I have two and am considering trying it on one of them.
    Mushman, eTama and davee like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Leading Edge or Jaycar sell precision drill bit set for around $20. 0.5-1.5mm
    Mushman and davee like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast