Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Robray
  • 4 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Robray

Thread: wiring a single switch to run multiple ego's ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    118

    wiring a single switch to run multiple ego's ?

    considering making a triple comet mod, using the electronics from 3 ego t's.
    is it possible to get all 3 to run using only 1 switch by wiring the 3 ego-t switches in parallel ?

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Posts
    6,590
    Why not dump the electronics, Parallel the battery s, parallel the connections, and use a 3 or 4 amp push button switch?

    Where is Stoney!!!!

    I cant see a way even if the switch sets were paralleled, to operate all three buttons together, without removing the tac switches from the boards, and rewiring back to a pushbutton switch.

    I have to say, I am assuming that you want all three comets to fire at once?????
    Noe and davee like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    if you parallel both sides of each switch together, activating any of the switches should fire all 3.
    one side is probably ground .. if so, all good for sure, if its not .. it should be ok if the batterys are similarly charged.


    disclaimer: something may erupt in volcanic hot balls of nitric acid,mercury and rat poo.
    not my fault if it does, i added a disclaimer.
    Noe, Robray, DAWZZY and 1 others like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



  4. #4
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    One problem I foresee with this is ensuring the batteries are all similarly charged & matched.
    I like Robray's concept better, since the batts will be in parallel & being a mech mod, in essence, the batts will supply the watts needed to run the 3 comets, draining the batts equally.

    I believe the eGo batts are 14500's, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, so instead of buying complete eGo units then disassembling, you could buy these instead:
    2x Protected Sanyo / Panasonic UR14500P 800mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Lithium battery | eBay
    They are protected batts for safety & supersports600 will add 1 extra batt in for you if you PM him & tell him you want to buy 3
    Robray likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Posts
    6,590
    Just to help you on your journey, here is a pretty picture of the ego electrics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ozydevil likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Why not dump the electronics, Parallel the battery s, parallel the connections, and use a 3 or 4 amp push button switch?

    Where is Stoney!!!!
    would be the easiest solution, the higher voltage affects the taste.

    I have to say, I am assuming that you want all three comets to fire at once?????
    correct

    I cant see a way even if the switch sets were paralleled, to operate all three buttons together, without removing the tac switches from the boards, and rewiring back to a pushbutton switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Just to help you on your journey, here is a pretty picture of the ego electrics.
    considered using the smallest ego's until seeing the attached photo, looks like it would be difficult to remove and solder the switch terminals on the smaller ego boards.
    cutting the switch terminals and soldering wires on the ego-t mod switch might be the easiest option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    One problem I foresee with this is ensuring the batteries are all similarly charged & matched.
    I like Robray's concept better, since the batts will be in parallel & being a mech mod, in essence, the batts will supply the watts needed to run the 3 comets, draining the batts equally.

    I believe the eGo batts are 14500's, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, so instead of buying complete eGo units then disassembling, you could buy these instead:
    2x Protected Sanyo / Panasonic UR14500P 800mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Lithium battery | eBay
    They are protected batts for safety & supersports600 will add 1 extra batt in for you if you PM him & tell him you want to buy 3
    do these protected batteries run at a lower/controlled voltage compared to standard lithium batts ?
    tested a comet using an ego-t mod ( which the guts were taken out and running directly from the battery), tasted like crap.

    The plan was to use 3 separate 2600 mah batteries, each system is running on a single batt, so talking out 1 batt would allow vaping with 2 comets if 3 got too strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    do these protected batteries run at a lower/controlled voltage compared to standard lithium batts ?
    tested a comet using an ego-t mod ( which the guts were taken out and running directly from the battery), tasted like crap.

    The plan was to use 3 separate 2600 mah batteries, each system is running on a single batt, so talking out 1 batt would allow vaping with 2 comets if 3 got too strong.
    When you connect the batts in parallel, the voltage remains the same as if you were using a single batt, the potential amps & the MAH of the combined batts increases. So in effect what you have is 3 Comets running off of a single batt that has a greater amp limit than a single cell does. It's going to be unregulated power, unless you put in some kind of regulation circuit, so the volts will start high & fall off as the batts drain but I often run Comets on a 18650 mech mod & have no problems with it on full charge in regard to the taste of the juice.
    Running 3 comets, off 3 batts like this, you should have similar results to my 18650 mech mod with 1 comet.

    I'm sure stoney will come along & tell me I'm wrong if I am lol.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    i like to watch.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



  9. #9
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    i like to watch.
    Bloody voyeurs!
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:15 PM.