Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Hot Springs

AVF Regular

Hot Springs

OK Question: Can you reuse a hot spring after it's collapsed? ie: Can you stretch it back out and would it collapse again if you got a short?
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    from my GG days,when its cooked its all over

Simon

My Reo Grand's spring collapsed once. It was not holding the AW IMR 18650 battery as it was supposed to. I have tried stretching it, and continued using it until the replacement came. But, i was getting a funny flavour using the old collapsed spring, and it went away with the new one. Better get a new spring.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I think I better. It's still working but I would hate to get another short and it doesn't collapse the way it should. Cheers

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Here's a hot spring for you mate, might be a bit of a problem to fit though...

Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    OK Question: Can you reuse a hot spring after it's collapsed? ie: Can you stretch it back out and would it collapse again if you got a short?
    Yes, you could reuse it but the temper in the spring has changed so I would only reuse until I obtained a replacement.
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Couldn't agree with GTadmin more. Sometime mid last century, I had relationships with a lot of electrical/electronic devices with springs, clips and a dazzling variety of mechanical connections. Once the buggers got bent out of shape or suffered real heat stress they were always on rotation for first replacement.

AVF Regular
    I think if I tried really really hard. Ah maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Here's a hot spring for you mate, might be a bit of a problem to fit though...

AVF Regular
    Timely topic ckane. The spring in my pipe collapsed a couple of weeks ago after a dodgy attempt at making a 510 extension. I stretched it back out a bit and it works but I don't trust it. Romaniac sent a new spring in my latest package so I will be changing it ASAP.
    ckane and RIDING OLD SKOOL like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Happened on my Roller which is a bugger the shipping costs and all. Was thinking I might try and use the spring out of my Bolt I think it is a hot spring.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast