Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: House of Cabbage ZAP Fix - (Zenesis Atty Pro)

House of Cabbage ZAP Fix - (Zenesis Atty Pro)

The design of the ZAP is somewhat lacking IMO. They have a tendency to leak into the provari and can be a little wasteful of electrons.

In order to have a ‘movable’ +ve post (needed because of the chamfered sleeve that mates with the prov) - Zen used a spring inside a delrin tube - the delrin was tacked in with (I think) a dob of super glue - which comes loose and in no way seals the delrin and body, so the +ve post spins and juice is able to leak from the top deck around and inside the delrin tube. On top of this, the whole lot is steel with far too many connection points - I found the all thread was just cut and not smoothed for good contact with the spring and that the juice that lived in there reacted with the steel further reducing conduction. Not happy

My solution follows:

Stock on top - < 2 inch x 5/32 brass mod on bottom

Attachment 6436

Epoxy delrin in (after roughing up first for key) - ground the deck and delrin nice and smooth

Attachment 6437

Tap out the delrin to take brass screw

Attachment 6438

Some teflon on the screw in case any juice sneaks inside the delrin
    Attachment 6439
    shipo, bigalivapor, kingsr and 1 others like this.

Cut screw to length desired - I kept the height stock just in case there is anything to this venturi hoo ha. Make sure you don’t short with the top.

Attachment 6440

Attachment 6441

Here she is - you can use the screw to adjust height of post to locate wick where you want - or I ground down the back of the chamfered sleeve so I could have the wick located *and* have the sleeve flush.

Attachment 6442

Everything all aspie and neatly lined up

Attachment 6443

As you can imagine, there is bugger all current loss and no leeks anymore.

AVF Regular
    Brilliant work mathsnerd

Except for the cabbage
    mathsguy likes this.

Great stuff Maths...I'm in awe of all you intelligent bastards in here, be up to shit if this forum was full of Shipo's...Drop bang crash kaboom FAIL
    mathsguy and bigalivapor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    Great stuff Maths...I'm in awe of all you intelligent bastards in here, be up to shit if this forum was full of Shipo's...Drop bang crash kaboom FAIL
    Geez, don’t be hard on yourself there Shipo - in my experience there’s plenty of that without self medicating!

Thanks mate - I’m just a natural born tinckererer. My grandfather taught me a great lesson - if some bastard can make it, it can be fixed - if it can’t it was a POS in the first place...
    shipo likes this.

Seems whatever I touch that should have been an easy project turns out to be a major one, I gave up on drilling holes through my hand, taking bark off, getting electrocuted and standing in paint tins long ago When it comes to DIY I'm Mr Bean
    mathsguy and 308hjute like this.

A brilliant simple solution. Shame Mr Zen didn't think of it before thinking of that rediculous setup he used..
    shipo and mathsguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    Seems whatever I touch that should have been an easy project turns out to be a major one, I gave up on drilling holes through my hand, taking bark off, getting electrocuted and standing in paint tins long ago When it comes to DIY I'm Mr Bean
    ROFL - mainly because of the great imagery, but also because I have indeed done all of those things - pisser!

Reminds me of another grasshopper masterism of gramps - An expert is just some prick who already f’d this up long before you thought of f’ing it up - he’s moved on to f’ing up other shite!
    shipo and davee like this.

So did you ever manage to snatch it from his hand Grasshopper?

Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    So did you ever manage to snatch it from his hand Grasshopper?
    Nah, I’m still getting the hang of wax off - wax on...
    shipo and davee like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast