Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By MrGruffy

Thread: Kick internals

Kick internals

somebody sent me a dead kick to examine, I am sorry I have forgotten who it was to thank .. CMB ? I think..

anyway, the intention was to rip it to bits and give it a damn good examination, possibly even try and recode one and give a full report on here.. if possible repairing it in the process. it would not go over 3.5W output.

I removed the heatshrink some time ago and then seperated the two top pcbs to access the electronics. this caused the pot to fall off, melted the solder on that as well..
    anyway, this reveals an atmega 32 bit micro (I think it was a 32 bit) 44 pin ?? and a bunch of other stuff yet to be identifed.
    the main inductor is somewhat larger than I thought it was, should be easily capable of more than the 10W it uses.

so I put it on the backburner while I did some real work and the pity is that I have not been able to find the main part since i pulled it to bits, if it show up I will continue with it and see what we can discover.. I am sure its in one of those 'somewhere safe' places that most of my stuff ends up in..
    Bullos likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I am sure its in one of those 'somewhere safe' places that most of my stuff ends up in..
    Has mental image of Stoney poking thru Blue Heeler poo on the front lawn looking for PCB
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    When you find your 'safe', could you please look for my missing egot upgrade passthrough end caps, Noe's photo, Fatman's woodville, timmyc's proper wood appreciation and Shpo's missing i?
    Stoney likes this.

AVF Regular
    Arg!, i had a stuffed Kick I threw out YESTERDAY ,,you could have had it for your experimentation, I'll keep "bits" in future,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",