Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElusiveEnd

Thread: My Mt Baker Experience (Very Positive) - For other new vapers

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

My Mt Baker Experience (Very Positive) - For other new vapers {Updated}

Hi Guys,

Just thought Iíd share my experiences with Mt Baker Vaper so far. As a note, Iím still relatively new to Vaping (currently about 4 weeks off of analogs thanks to it) however I have had the e-cigarette for a few months longer than that.

Iím posting this to help out other new vapers who have been shopping around for good tasting e-juice.

To start, I spent a lot of time, and money, shopping around for e-juice that I enjoy vaping since my biggest struggle with moving to it from the analogs full time was not particularly liking many of the available flavours from a range of vendors.

To sum it up, of all the international vendors Iíve ordered from, Mt Baker has been my favourite and Iíve enjoyed their flavours the most. They are now my go-to international vendor. Iíve made 4 different orders and currently have a 5th on the way.

The flavours that Iíve tried and enjoyed the most:

Vanilla Ice Cream - Easily my favourite Mt Baker flavour, and was the first one Iíd tried from them. I first ordered a 50/50 mix with 1 extra shot. The taste was great and very silky however it was a little weak even with the additional shot. Iíd recommended getting 2 or 3 extra shots to really get a good flavour hit, as Iíve now done.

French Toast - I originally received a free 5ml bottle of this with my first Mt Baker order and promptly ordered a 30ml bottle after trying it. It has a great taste with 2 extra shots however Iíd be inclined to say that itís an acquired taste. The only downfall I had with this one was that the vapour has quite a strong burnt toast/pine wood smell. Itís not a terrible smell, I actually liked it, but it is quite strong.

White Out - Iím not normally one for mint of any kind, whether itís juice or gum etc, but when I saw it, it did spark my interest a little so I ended up ordering a 30ml bottle with no additional flavouring shots. I was quite impressed after giving it a try, itís a very refreshing vape with only a small hint of mint which was perfect for me. I have currently placed an order for an additional bottle with extra shots just to try it with a stronger flavour.

Thug Juice - I received the Thug Juice yesterday (2 extra shots - 50/50 mix) and I can see why it's one of their popular juices. It has a very nice fruity berry tone to it, however the menthol hit is a little to much for me (not being a big fan of mint/menthol). I'd probably be quite content with this juice with just the single flavour shot, which I'll re-order later in the week. If your a menthol fan but want a nice fruity mix with it, then Thug Juice will suit you.

Iíve tried a few others but those 3 were the ones I enjoyed the most. The other 3-4 I tried werenít a bad juice or anything, they just werenít the kind of flavour for me (fruits).

I also currently have an order in for Thug Juice, Menthol and another White Out which arrived in Australia yesterday, so I should have it by Monday-Tuesday. Iíll update this once Iíve given them a try. I normally choose the standard USPS shipping method which takes about 7-10 business before being in my hands here in Sydney.

As a note, the Juices are mixed when the order is placed so although they do steep a little on the trip over here, Iíve found that they do need a bit more steeping.
    I just place each bottle in a zip lock back and let them sit in warm-hot water, shaking the bottle occasionally, until the water is room temperature. Each juice has had a much better flavour after doing this.

I hope this helps out the other new vapers looking to try some of the flavours from Mt Baker.

A big thumbs up to the Mt Baker team

EDIT: I just noticed James is a member of AVF. Thanks for the great juice, I'll be placing another order next week to try out a few more.
    Last edited by ElusiveEnd; 10-02-15 at 09:33 AM.
    shanea1 likes this.

Jaz
    I think the additional shots is a personal thing. My first order from MBV I just went with regular. I Went for the extra shots on my second based on advice and for me it ruined it. None of the juices were as good, including the ones I re-ordered. I've found I just don't like the really strong flavours. It's the same reason that I don't go for the really sweet flavours generally. I've now gone back to the regular and I'm much preferring it.

It's one of those thing I'd recommend everyone try for themselves to work out what they prefer.

Vanilla is my exception on the sweet. I have to agree with you on that one. It's a more subtle sweet which I've enjoyed.

Just wondering do you need a US forwarding address or can you order direct to Australia? I might give these guys a try also as it seems the delivery time is quite fast which is one of my main concerns about ordering overseas.

AVF Regular
    try the hug juice its the thug without the mint and menthol , you can get it direct no need for a forwarding address, Sticky bun is one of my favourites
    I Squonk therefore I vape

Extra time steeping makes a huge difference, my first juice order was from MBV. I nearly threw a couple of them out when I got them, a week later.. mmm thats not bad, 2 weeks later and the "worst" one became my all dayer...

Never judge fresh juice on the taste on arrrival...

I will agree with Jaz on the extra shots.. there are a couple of people here that talk about up to 6 extra shots, personally I cant handle most flavours at a single shot, I water down one of my MBVs 50/50 and I water down another one 2/1 (1/3 the origional flavour) so.. as they say .. taste is sbujective

Quote Originally Posted by wedgtail View Post
    try the hug juice its the thug without the mint and menthol , you can get it direct no need for a forwarding address, Sticky bun is one of my favourites
    That's great news, thanks!

love all the info here, I'm not one for overpowering taste either, especially sweet, but good to know about maybe having to steep the juice.

@Genetransfer - You can send directly to Australia.

I've come to enjoy the additional flavouring, but I'd definitely agree that it is a personal preference. I've also found that, now after a few weeks of steeping, some of the flavours are a little stronger with the additional shots.

AVF Regular
    the whole 'extra shot' thing really annoyed me with mbv as you'd want to try new flavours and order them and they'd be too strong or not enough

AVF Regular
    Their customer service is pretty top notch to.
    Always sorted out any dramas/issues real quick and professionally.

@Ticks, I agree with you there.
    Big thanks to the Mt Baker team over this past week for fixing my issues with an order of 236ml bottle of 18mg nicotine. Bit of a mix up, but 6 days later and I've just received the correct mix. Their support team was quick, to the point I replied to a support ticket and there was a reply from their support members within minutes of my replies.