Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thug juice hitting really harsh?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Thug juice hitting really harsh?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anybody has had similar experience with MBV ejuices as me.

Essentially I got my first batch from the yesterday and loaded up the thug juice only to find it hitting my throat like I swallowed fire.

Basically I picked Thug Juice, Black Ice, Extreme Ice, Ecto Cooler and got a free Moo Juice sample. All at a nicotine strength of 12 mg/ml, with PG 65% VG 35% ratio, and with an Extra Flavouring Shot for each to help boost the flavour.

I thought it strange because I had been using some ejuices off a friend which was 18mg/ml nic and 70/30 PG/VG (and one with menthol) which didn't hit my throat as hard. And I am kinda put off trying the others at the moment.

I'm wondering is there some secret trick I am missing out on here? Should I cut back the PG more for their juices or something?

I want to like the flavours but it's just hard to get past the burning sensation I get.

Side Note: I did try the sample of Slim Mints sent to me (50/50 PG/VG and 0% Nic) and it was really smooth and nice to vape. So now I am wondering if it's the alcohol in some of those juices that might be adding to the harshness or the Nic itself (different brands and what have you) or if they ratio 50/50 brings it down just enough. :/

AVF Regular
    I haven't tried the Extreme and Black Ice from Mt Baker as I dont like menthol juices but I have tried Thug Juice and its
    pretty strong to begin with and you got extra flavour.

Try the Ecto Cooler and free sample and see if you have a problem with those. I know you said you are put off trying them
    but you really need to so you can narrow the problem down.

If its flavour harsh, it could be that you need to dilute it a bit or perhaps you could try leaving it in a dark place with the cap
    off so it can steep/breathe a bit more.

AVF Regular
    Black ice is my daily vape for the last month+ 3 different batches.
    Can't say I notice it being harsh but I have 50/50 blend and vaped from the moment it comes in the mail.

Best bet is to hit up their customer support, they may be able to tell you what's going on.

Edit: have only used 12mg which is a little harsh in my rda's, assume just the nic level
    Last edited by Filfa; 22-04-15 at 10:50 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilemoar View Post
    Hi guys,

only to find it hitting my throat like I swallowed fire.
    :/
    this doesnt sound right - it sounds like you are getting a dry hit - where your atomiser is not wicking properly - are you using the same gear with the mbv as you are with other juices??

AVF Regular
    I have tried some Mr Baker menthols and they are pretty strong. I bought doublers local and mixed them 50/50 as per instructions and they were a little harsh. I have put them away and if I come back to them I will definitely add some more PG/VG.
    I'm finding different juices work better with different tanks, drippers etc some juice strengths were probably made for older style setups.
    If its too strong add some vg/pg

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    I haven't tried the Extreme and Black Ice from Mt Baker as I dont like menthol juices but I have tried Thug Juice and its
    pretty strong to begin with and you got extra flavour.

Try the Ecto Cooler and free sample and see if you have a problem with those. I know you said you are put off trying them
    but you really need to so you can narrow the problem down.

If its flavour harsh, it could be that you need to dilute it a bit or perhaps you could try leaving it in a dark place with the cap
    off so it can steep/breathe a bit more.
    Yeah I switched out to Slim Mints (50/50 PG/VG and 12mg/ml nic) and it's a lot smoother than the thug juice was without the harsh sensation I got.

Once I am done with this I am going to the Ecto Juice next and see what happens.

So I might leave the cap off while it sits in my cupboard for a week and come back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    this doesnt sound right - it sounds like you are getting a dry hit - where your atomiser is not wicking properly - are you using the same gear with the mbv as you are with other juices??
    Yeah I am using the gear as before. Specially this: The Aspire Platinum Kit Review (Sub Ohm) | Vaping Mod Reviews with the tank swapped out for an Aspire 5ml tank.

When I used the Thug Juice I filled it and let it sit for about 10 mins to let it soak the wick before hitting it. Not sure if that's enough or not though. Maybe I just had a faulty atomizer?

Pez
    12mg is pretty high for a subohm clearo (IMO). When I started subbing, I had to drop to 6mg unless I wanted my throat smashed by the nic.

Well I tired the Ecto Juice today and it's nowhere as harsh as the Thug Juice was.

Like it was a bit harsher than my Slim Mints Juice but I expected that. Might start ordering some with lower PG levels and see if that fixes it.

AVF Regular
    Odd, both me and my partner love Thug Juice (just received a 1/4 litre bottle )
    I've never experienced the harshness you describe, however, having tried over 2 dozen different juices from them, there is only 6 or so I reeeaalllly like. This is the same for the G-Men, Hawk Sauce, Blue Ice and Black Ice (all menthol fruit capes). I generally get them with 1 extra flavour shot, and at 65/35 as I use them in tanks.

I would contact MBV directly and let them know.

Also, keep in mind that vaping menthol at sub-ohm levels is going to be a much more intense throat hit than through a 1.8ohm coil.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    Odd, both me and my partner love Thug Juice (just received a 1/4 litre bottle )
    I've never experienced the harshness you describe, however, having tried over 2 dozen different juices from them, there is only 6 or so I reeeaalllly like. This is the same for the G-Men, Hawk Sauce, Blue Ice and Black Ice (all menthol fruit capes). I generally get them with 1 extra flavour shot, and at 65/35 as I use them in tanks.
    Yeah that's why I rasied this since nobody else I can find has experienced this. Currently letting it sit for awhile and it's getting better over time. I suspect I might have even had a dry hit which might have caused this to occur - I don't know.

I have tried Black Ice, Extreme Ice, Slim Mints, Ecto Juice and Thug Juice. The only one that did this to me was the thug juice the rest were fine.

Also, keep in mind that vaping menthol at sub-ohm levels is going to be a much more intense throat hit than through a 1.8ohm coil.
    Yeah as I noted above I have other menthol flavours which worked quite fine (big fan of the black ice and extreme ice juices so far) so I got used to that intense hit of menthol pretty quickly.

I would contact MBV directly and let them know.
    I'll get on to that eventually. But right now I am trying to get them to forward paper work so my second batch of stuff can clear customs :/
    Handing customs a list that calls a product "Freebie Sample" is always going to be followed with "Yeah but what is it a sample of and how much is it worth?" lol
    Got told they sent it so hopefully Fedex/Customs can HTFU and process it so I can get it delivered.

Once all this is sorted then I speak to them about what they recommend with thug juice because I refuse to give up on it lol.
    Last edited by Smilemoar; 01-05-15 at 02:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast