Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Smilemoar

Thread: Clearance delays FEDEX

Clearance delays FEDEX

First time ordering from MBV, very small order only 100ml total. Having clearance delays, is there anything I should/can do?

Thanks in advance

Chicken

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yeah I have had and currently experiencing this issue as well.

What I find works is to call Fedex and find out what specifically it is that has caused the problem. Get Fedex to give you an email address of the person/people they need it sent to (typically this will be either a bunch of numbers @fedex.com or aucdndoc@fedex.com).

Then what you need to do is contact MBV and have them forward on the new paperwork which covers the issue(s) raised by Fedex so it can be cleared.

Then MBV should get back to you and confirm they have done just that. Then wait about a day or so and see if it clears. If not ring Fedex again - rinse and repeat the cycle over until they get it cleared.

The source of these issues includes:

-Fedex have recently changed regulations on all shipments and are now requiring a amended invoice with a value toward the "freebie". For customs here in Australia you need to state the value of the goods not what you paid for it. (I.e. the value cannot be $0.00.)

-More often than not the phrase "Freebie Sample" is used which Australian Customs will just about always flag until they know what it is specifically.

-Fedex US typically get the paperwork emailed to them but I suspect they aren't that crash hot on forwarding it to their Australian division who are the ones that need it most.

From other threads I have seen some suggest getting MBV to attach hard copies of paperwork with the package. Or even not adding the freebie bottle because of the drama it causes.
    MrChicken and Vaporific like this.

Appreciate the help Smile. Keep on smiling

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChicken View Post
    Appreciate the help Smile. Keep on smiling
    No worries.

Just as a side note the Customs people don't work on weekends so if you won't normally see any changes in the tracking data until really early Monday morning