Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: O-ring making a break for it in CE4

xen

O-ring making a break for it in CE4

IMG_0305.jpg

Hallo all,

I was trying to refill a CE4 a bit earlier, and a bit of the inner O-ring decided to come out with the mouthpiece.

Much dicking around with tweezers / paperclip hasn't got me far.

Is this CE4 headed for Vapehalla, or is there some trick for stuffing it back in properly?

I had this happen on a number of V2's while rinsing them. If the running water hit it just right it dragged the o-ring out.

They actually don't need that o-ring, mine never leaked once that one fell out. I honestly think it is just a precautionary one.

xen
    Good to know.. I might have to keep it on house-duties just in case.

Thanks for the info!

Better to be safe then sorry.

My ecigs are always laying down so if they needed that o-ring they would have leaked. I have actually had more problems with the V3's by concentrating on something else when taking them off the battery and actually undoing them and dumping a tank of juice over the battery a few times lol.

xen
    Interesting.. I've been keeping all of mine upright (using one of those perspex lipstick organizer thingies). I've still had a few leak now (which the case makes really obvious). Weirdly, most of the ones that have leaked did so once, then were fine afterwards.

I've got an A8 on the way, so I'll be keen to see if the world of RBAs leads me away from clearos..

pull it right out, and stick it on the drip tip...
    CCC and mrsgruffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davee View Post
    pull it right out, and stick it on the drip tip...
    I have a ce4 clone and this is how I dealt with it, worked fine
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xen View Post
    Interesting.. I've been keeping all of mine upright (using one of those perspex lipstick organizer thingies). I've still had a few leak now (which the case makes really obvious). Weirdly, most of the ones that have leaked did so once, then were fine afterwards.

I've got an A8 on the way, so I'll be keen to see if the world of RBAs leads me away from clearos..
    The one I am using is laying down, any others are standing up in a similar "thingie" lol. I have had them on their side without leaking problems though.

You will find the reason they leaked just once standing up is due to over wicking or slightly over full. They won't often leak due to over wicking.

Quote Originally Posted by ozydevil View Post
    The one I am using is laying down, any others are standing up in a similar "thingie" lol. I have had them on their side without leaking problems though.

You will find the reason they leaked just once standing up is due to over wicking or slightly over full. They won't often leak due to over wicking.
    Is this (over wicking) why sometimes I get a little bit of juice on my lips? especially after dropping my clearo (gonna need a stand thingy)

It could be from over wicking yes, over filling can cause that too and you will usually get a gurgling as well when you draw on it. Blowing through the drip tip into a paper towel or similar will fix it.

Both will also cause the juice to work it's way down through the centre tube onto the battery connection which will make it feel like the battery is dead.
    Last edited by ozydevil; 17-03-13 at 11:02 PM.
    fifthflo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast