Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Some advice for a newbie please

Some advice for a newbie please

Hi All

I am a complete and utter newbie to all of this. A little background of what brought me here. Been a smoker for nearly 50 years, most of that time Menthol cigs and most of that time More Menthol.
    Then the government came up with plain packaging and the distributors decided to stop importing them.
    Tried some alternatives but don't like them much.
    Then I saw the article in the Herald, I asked the lady at my local smoke shop if she had heard of eCigs and she actually sells them. The brand is Eagle E-VAPOR (China) and of course no nic. But the experience got me interested and led me to this forum, which I've found hugely informative.
    So I've decided to give it a try, already ordered some nic from the USA and would like some advice on these starter kits.

Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit - Cobra Kit A
    VMT Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

Also as a menthol smoker could someone tell me what I should start with as far as flavours?

AVF Regular
    Of your 2 choices i would go with the vaping cobra kit as it comes with bigger batterys 900mah over 600, aswell as clearomizers as aposed to the tank systems with ego t from vm. and also the vaping cobra kit comes with everything you need to start mixing.

I was a menthol smoke myself while i dont mind all the other flavours i still seem to fall back onto a menthol vape normally straight but depending on the vendor a fruity tinge helps at times.

What nicotine did you order from the states?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Juding by the fact you picked the 2 qld Vendors may i assume your in Brisbane/Gold coast?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Welcome aboard...glad to see your getting rid of the baccy...lots or info here mixed up with a bunch of nutters makes for a great place to be an learn...haha...personally I would take the cobra kit, less bits n bobs to plug together, fill an vape ...easy peasy, thats not to say the other kit is of less quality...just my personal experience. A good mentholy mint vape is spearmint, which is the only one my wife will touch ( shes smoked menthol for 20 odd yrs )....others will be along shortly to confuse you too...so good luck and all the best with your new found health and hobby..

Vaping Cobra kit +10000

better bang for buck.

AVF Regular
    thumbs up VC kit. get the bigger batts

AVF Regular
    Bigger batteries doesn't always equate to better in terms of clients needs.

I find 60% of Vapers prefer a smaller ego rather than the longer one. It's personal preference. Females love the 350 mah size batts.
    Stomp likes this.

Welcome westgrove

Get the cobra kit. While you are there you could order some of the doublers they have to get you started.

EZ Mix E Juice :: Menthols & Mints -

These you simply mix 1:1 with your nic, so 5ml of doubler will give you 10 ml of ready to vape juice. Although I gave you that link to the menthol/mints page and they only have two on offer. Ah well, plenty of Aussie vendors sell doublers, so you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Alternatively you could buy the flavour concentrates and make up your own, though that comes with a bit of a learning curve, so it may be better to buy doublers at first. You can also buy pre-mixed juice from overseas vendors, so you have got a huge variety to choose from.

Good luck with it all, and you have found the right place to start your vaping journey.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    It's personal preference. Females love the 350 mah size batts.
    Hey kingsr, that's just what guys with small batteries say to make themselves feel better
    Noe, Itsmerobyn, 308hjute and 3 others like this.

Thank you all for your answers - I was leaning towards the Cobra Kit without quite knowing why - I will order that one and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again.
    margyb likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast