Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Drip setup for newbies

Question Drip setup for newbies

Hi all,

As you can see, I am new to this world, but its amazing what you can learn in a week if you are interested in a subject, not to mention what you can spend...

I want to try lots of flavors, and I want to do it without mucking about with clearos, especially as I am finding that I only like about 30% of the flavors out there.

Dripping is surely the sensible answer!

So, I took my newbie self along to the excellent newbie shopping list thread and got myself a EGO-T LR atomizer type A

It arrived and that's when I got confused. I have a drip tip, the kind that fits in a vivi nova, but it doesn't fit in the LR type A. Also the atomizer came in a sealed plastic bag thingy, but there was some oil in there as well, almost like it had some juice leaked onto it. Finally, is there another part I need to do this properly?

What happens when I miss the little spike thingy inside with the drop? What sort of drip tip do I need?

I checked to see if I missed something on the shopping list and I don't believe I did. Tried it a few times but it seemed more hassle than it was worth, didnt pull right and just seemed really dodgy.

Any insight much appreciated !

AVF Regular
    blankedouttenchar
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 01-09-13 at 03:33 AM.

AVF Regular
    what kind of battery you got?
    will make suggestions of what to put on top easier
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorsefkn View Post
    Hi all,

As you can see, I am new to this world, but its amazing what you can learn in a week if you are interested in a subject, not to mention what you can spend...

I want to try lots of flavors, and I want to do it without mucking about with clearos, especially as I am finding that I only like about 30% of the flavors out there.

Dripping is surely the sensible answer!

So, I took my newbie self along to the excellent newbie shopping list thread and got myself a EGO-T LR atomizer type A

It arrived and that's when I got confused. I have a drip tip, the kind that fits in a vivi nova, but it doesn't fit in the LR type A. Also the atomizer came in a sealed plastic bag thingy, but there was some oil in there as well, almost like it had some juice leaked onto it. Finally, is there another part I need to do this properly?

What happens when I miss the little spike thingy inside with the drop? What sort of drip tip do I need?

I checked to see if I missed something on the shopping list and I don't believe I did. Tried it a few times but it seemed more hassle than it was worth, didnt pull right and just seemed really dodgy.

Any insight much appreciated !
    Yeh what you bought is not meant for dripping. That is a replacable atomizer for a specific ego. Basically they suck.

You want to buy something like this:
    Joye 306 Low Resistance Atomizer

Plus a good fitting drip tip
    Joye 306 Delrin Drip Tip - Long

Perfect for testing flavours. To clean it, soak it in some cheap vodka over night and let it dry out for a day or two.
    D1git and darkhorsefkn like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

CCC
    The atomizers you got are to insert the ego type A cartridge in. You could try dripping into it and "tail piping" not using a drip tip, but it could get messy or spit on your lips. The others have suggested some good dripping attys. Either pick up some ego type A empty cartridges to use with what you have or chuck em. And the liquid you saw in the plastic bag is primer fluid, most attys and cartos have it in there when they are brand new.

Joye EGO-T Empty Cartridges - Type A (5 Pack)

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Yeh what you bought is not meant for dripping. That is a replacable atomizer for a specific ego. Basically they suck.

You want to buy something like this:
    Joye 306 Low Resistance Atomizer

Plus a good fitting drip tip
    Joye 306 Delrin Drip Tip - Long

Perfect for testing flavours. To clean it, soak it in some cheap vodka over night and let it dry out for a day or two.
    Thanks,

Will it require anything else? From the pics there will need to be a cone or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    The atomizers you got are to insert the ego type A cartridge in. You could try dripping into it and "tail piping" not using a drip tip, but it could get messy or spit on your lips. The others have suggested some good dripping attys. Either pick up some ego type A empty cartridges to use with what you have or chuck em. And the liquid you saw in the plastic bag is primer fluid, most attys and cartos have it in there when they are brand new.

Joye EGO-T Empty Cartridges - Type A (5 Pack)
    I tried, it got messy! Kinda worked but clearly it wasn't right.

So, this is the link from the newbie shopping list

Joyetech eGo LOW RESISTANCE (LR) atomizer (Type A & Type B) [A-H7 Joye eGo Atomizer LR] - $6.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

That's the same thing I bought right? Should it be on that list?

Using ego style batteries like a good noobie noob

vision spinner to be exact.

Thanks everyone

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Im also direct dripping and i just ordered some joyce 510 LR 1.5ohm im using it on my provari at 3.7volts? i dont use it to test flavours i direct drip all the time, so would this atty be the best for a HV power punch experience? i know the ciscos are out there but im not going to order from O/S for atties. do the joyce 510LR still perform good on a provari with a nice RuiP 510 carbon fiber drip shield?

AVF Regular
    blankedouttenchar
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 01-09-13 at 03:33 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast