Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Almost gave up already ......

AVF Regular

Almost gave up already ......

It seems like getting into vaping is a bit of a success\fail cycle filled with highs and lows. Hopefully that evens out soon.

Gone with a bunch of 510 stuff, and for what it's worth I'm satisfied with what it puts out, however apparantly ordering 3 batteries and thinking it'll be enough
    to try it out for a couple weeks is a bad plan. I ended up with 1 batt (a 340mah 510 auto) dead inside a half hour (sensor not working) after doing the over night charge, and a usb charger\wall plug
    that's stuck in some sort of trickle mode (4+ hours to charge a 220mah batt on a charge rated at 140mah output). Thankfully I had a PCC as well (which could fully charge
    the same batt in 2 hours even without mains power).

Of course this inevitably led to me sitting there last night with only 2 little 220mah batts and a pcc for charging, while chain vaping like crazy, and running them both down
    to the point I could only take a couple drags and switch batteries every couple of minutes. Situation of course repeated itself quickly in the morning and got worse throughout the
    day.

Good point being I'm two days and no smokes for the first time in 15 years or so. Bad point being I'm two minutes from going and getting some because it's all getting too hard.
    I'd already decided to go ahead and order a bunch more gear (and many batts) but was holding off while I discussed the problems with the vendor. After numerous emails was
    told (abeit very politely) that the charger was fine and the battery wasn't covered because I probably gummed it up, with the implication of no RMA for me. At this point I decide
    bugger it and open it up to find the sensor\light assembly isn't seated properly and the internal battery wrapping is loose and poking up into the sensor. 2 minutes later and it's working
    and i'm vaping and the other batteries are charging, crisis averted. I guess the moral of the story is to fix it yourself instead of following procedure and doing an RMA.

Also many points to all those who told me to get an ego in the first place. After this vendor lost my business forever I went an ordered a kit and some clearos from Vaping Cobra. If I'm really
    lucky he might even post them today for me. I still think I'll use the 510's more but at least I'll have a big backup in case I get desperate like this again.

The worst part is being cranky at the vendor (not naming, honestly for most cases it probably was the right response, I think I just lucked out a bit) and not knowing if it's justified or just
    from being off the smokes for a couple days.
    Stoney, Noe, Mickg33 and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    10 points for getting it sorted mate and not flying off the handle re names etc...all will work out well...always teething problems in the begining...good luck mate

AVF Regular
    That's what I'm hoping Stomp. Sometimes you just need to vent a little, without starting a flamewar. After getting the missus to agree she'd probably give it a go too (in a few months after she gets over how wrong it
    all looks) I was that happy that the hardware screwups hit a lot harder than they should have. I have noticed 2 things though.

1. This forum is far too reasonable and has far too many helpful pleasant people on it. It may cause the interwebs to explode. :P

2. I should go see a doctor about my longpostitis
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

AVF Regular
    $10 bet right now that the eGo becomes your workhorse and the 510's are relegated to backups. And good story, stick with it!
    Noe, Itsmerobyn and Roxxiiangel like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

ah, hang in there man.
    good chance it only gets better from here on.
    auto batterys are a bit of a curse I hear, though I bought a kr808 kit ages ago, it still works.

Unless the vendor sold the battery as 'no warranty' and stated that, they duped you ..
    So to whoever vendor it was .. STFU .. looks to me from reading your old posts, it was an OS one though.
    You attempted to rectify it with the vendor first, I would have no issue with you naming them, kudo's to you for not wanting to though.

You can tell people till blue in the face 'you don't want a cigalike' .. but, they still do

you can tell the next person who wants one why not now, we have had a few similar storys though not as bad as your luck generally, lol.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    blankedouttenchar
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 01-09-13 at 03:33 AM.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

AVF Regular
    Actually it was an AU one Stoney, but meh, don't care. It's 20$ worth of crap and it's not worth the postage or hassle. Minor things like this don't need to be fully aired in public, better just to send my money elsewhere. I'd already allocated a couple hundred for more stuff this week, so some's gone to the cobra and the rest will probably go to someone else. I actually did want the cigalike and I still hope I can get it to work, even if it means having a 10-port charger loaded up. Mainly because my missus has hands smaller than my 12yo so even a 510 is big for her. My other main reason is I work from home and have 4-5 screens\pcs (min) around me in a circle so I can spin around with it easy. Spose I'll see once the ego turns up, at least then I'll have tried it and can speak with some real knowledge instead of misconceptions.

AVF Regular
    220mah batteries are way too small, 800-1300mah batteries are just longer and last 4-6 times, plus 510 have different usb charging times, I have one that I bought in Canada and charges a dead 1100mah in about 1.5hr, I have another I purchased online that looks identical and takes around 4hrs to charge.
    I wish I could find more like the first usb 510 charger its 420ma, where as the other clone is 200ma.
    I was lucky there was a ad locally for someone quitting e-cigs and they had 10 new 510 batteries and only wanted $40, so I jumped on that. I've killed about 4 of them with a rebuildable atty. The rest I use in public all the time and at home I 2 small 350 lava tubes, plus I have a evic in the mail comming from the USA. I'm making sure I never run out of spark
    Jeff
    stevepowley likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hang in there mate, I got lucky on the cig-a-likes when I first started, but worked out the eGo's where a smeg loads better, ( found this fourm shortly afterwards), and finally today,,DUMMM DUMMM DUMMMMM!, I ordered my first rebuildable from Vaping cobra,

Phoenix Rebuildable Atomiser

I'll lay money on you moving to an 18650 Mod eventually, I did

Let the rebuildable mind fu#k games begin,,,
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and 308hjute like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

yep ya need power above 650 ma and 2 of them
    cigalikes are crap ya just have to get used to a bigger unit.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast