Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By xen
  • 1 Post By izmali
  • 1 Post By Stomp
  • 3 Post By davee
  • 1 Post By xen
  • 2 Post By Mickg33

Thread: For some reason, CRANKY last few days!

xen

For some reason, CRANKY last few days!

Hallo all,

I've been off the fags for 37 days now. Thought I was over the worst of things (have actually been great since week 1!).. but god, just been in the foulest mood the last couple of days, and keep thinking about smoking. Fortunately have resisted the temptation.

For some reason it seems to hit me around lunchtime. Really can't think of anything that's changed - but my mood seems to improve as the day goes on.

I usually vape 10mg, but have mixed up a couple of bottles of 20mg juice now. I labelled them "YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M MAD!"

Anyway, no real point to this - just putting info out there for other newbies. Plus, giving a bit of warning to attendees of tomorrow's Brisbane meet ;-) If you see a dude with a shaved head twitching and glaring, it's nothing intentional, I swear :-)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xen View Post
    Hallo all,

I've been off the fags for 37 days now. Thought I was over the worst of things (have actually been great since week 1!).. but god, just been in the foulest mood the last couple of days, and keep thinking about smoking. Fortunately have resisted the temptation.

For some reason it seems to hit me around lunchtime. Really can't think of anything that's changed - but my mood seems to improve as the day goes on.

I usually vape 10mg, but have mixed up a couple of bottles of 20mg juice now. I labelled them "YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M MAD!"

Anyway, no real point to this - just putting info out there for other newbies. Plus, giving a bit of warning to attendees of tomorrow's Brisbane meet ;-) If you see a dude with a shaved head twitching and glaring, it's nothing intentional, I swear :-)
    You may be at one of those points where u may wanna have a smoke and its not a bad thing if u do have one it will renew your faith in vaping, i lit one earlier today (first slip in three months) had about 2 drags and threw the disgusting thing away and chain vaped for 15 min.
    either that or its that time of the month
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Its just a hump mate...happened with me at about 4 weeks..the whole retraining thing is hard to work with if youve been smoking a long time...you actually can smoke and yr old habits are telling u so but actually cant smoke cos u made a promise...lol...if it makes sense...then u get angry at nothing...probs bad analogy but you will go thru it on a semi regular basis for a while...youll come good..:-)
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Let us know how you go with the stronger mix. Might do the job. Maybe you can pre-empt your cranky pants a little by vaping more beforehand? I've been off the durries for over 4 months now. Still get a strong craving every now and then, but can vape through.
    GirlyPantz, Stomp and Bullos like this.

I like the name of your 20mg juice

xen
    Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    either that or its that time of the month
    Very possibly. Though probably best not to say that to my face tomorrow :-P

Thanks for the advice, guys. Stomp, what you said makes perfect sense to me.

My gf is still smoking, and I'm finding that a source of strength most of the time, and temptation the rest. When I have thought about smoking, the cost of a pouch of tobacco has been enough to piss me off and stop me :-) But here, it'd just be too easy sometimes. Weirdly, it's making me want to drink sometimes as well (I'm a *very* rare drinker). Pretty sure that would only make things harder.

Anyway, appreciate the replies! Currently clinging to "if you go back to smoking, your singing voice is going to turn to crap again", which seems to be working ;-)
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    First week, first month, then 3 month mark and 1 year mark, all times I struggled a bit. Each hurdle gets easier and easier. They almost came from no where though. Sometimes I even caved in and had a few, but it just made me realize I didn't like smokes much anymore.
    GirlyPantz and xen like this.

I couldn't completely go smoke free until my partner gave up. It's hard, my nicotine cravings are satisfied, but that bit of your memory that enjoyed them keeps telling you how great it would be, kick it in the arse and have a vape. The first time I quit I managed to say off for 2 1/2 years and I would still dream about them all the time. Brains are silly old things.