Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help getting Started

Help getting Started

Hi All

Received my Starter Kit - this one

Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit - Cobra Kit A

Comes with two flavoured juices - I chose Smooth Tobacco & Menthol (being a menthol smoker for over 30 years)

Still waiting on delivery of the nic - this one

DIY-Do It Yourself :: Pure Nicotine Liquid :: Age verification - Freedom Smoke USA

Charged up the batteries - all good

Then just sit here looking at it all thinking where do I go from here?

AVF Regular
    Edited as unsure
    Last edited by Tash; 25-03-13 at 05:33 PM.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

AVF Regular
    Firstly, welcome and good on you for deciding to give vaping a go

Secondly, the nicotine liquid you have ordered is waaaaay stronger than anything you need. You have ordered pretty much 100% nicotine, which is a highly toxic and poisonous substance, and very dangerous to handle. Most people will dilute it to 10% with pg and/or vg and then actually use it in their e-juice at around 1.2-2.4%. Don't even open the bottle until you have some solid advice on how to safely do so. i'm sure there will be someone along really soon who can give you appropriate advice.

AVF Regular
    Tash, that looks as if it is the 100mg stuff.
    Tash likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

99.998% Pure Nicotine extracted from American Tobacco leaves. Created from the highest quality tobacco, this juice is as pure as it gets. Certified by U.S. Labs so you can trust the liquids you are vaping. The PG is hospital-grade, and the VG is certified Kosher.
    100mg/ml. Comes in a 100% PG base or 100% VG base. Use caution when dealing with this product, it is highly condensed and should only be handled by an adult with knowledge of mixing your own e-juices. Using gloves is highly suggested. Keep away from pets and children.

I think the 99.998% refers to the purity not the strength
    margyb and Tash like this.

CCC
    As Kay said buy some plain PG and/or plain VG from a local vendor now it should hopefully arrive before your nic, then you will be ready to mix. have you also got empty bottles and a pipette or syringe, and some labels for the bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    As Kay said buy some plain PG and/or plain VG from a local vendor now it should hopefully arrive before your nic, then you will be ready to mix. have you also got empty bottles and a pipette or syringe, and some labels for the bottles.
    The starter kit came with PG, VG, empty bottles, syringes, and two flavours. Just need the nic to get started I guess, Frustrating having all this gear and not doing anything.

Another question to get a tobacco flavour with mild menthol what quantities of the two flavours (smoth tobacco & menthol) would you mix?

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by Westgrove View Post
    The starter kit came with PG, VG, empty bottles, syringes, and two flavours. Just need the nic to get started I guess, Frustrating having all this gear and not doing anything.

Another question to get a tobacco flavour with mild menthol what quantities of the two flavours (smoth tobacco & menthol) would you mix?
    Sweet your all set to go, hmm the juices you got are concentrates? Probably best to ask Charlie at VC about ratios, he would be the one to know.

100mg/ml is highly dangerous, if you get it on your hands or even breath the fumes it may cause an overdose.

Wear chemical gloves and a respirator and mix it all down to a concentration that is not so full on.

Then wrap the gloves and empty bottle in many layers, tape it all up and place it in the bin.

AVF Regular
    ah, ok. that's kind of misleading isn't it? i thought it was the 1000mg/l stuff
    wood duck likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast