Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Need a little help please.

BLS
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Need a little help please.

Hi everyone, well it's been 2 weeks off the tabbacco smokes only tried 1 smoke in all that time and chucked it away half way through it, so I am really happy with that.

I just need a bit of help with mixing unflavoured E-liquid for the first time, I brought 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid
    Ejuice base - PG base (75%PG+25%VG)
    Strength - 18mg
    I have been vaping 18 mg USA red mix and feel that strength is good for me, now with the unflavoured do I just add flavour to that ?

Also got 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid
    Strength - 36mg
    Now with this one do I just add appropiate amounts of PG & VG to cut it down to my target of 18mg ? then just add whatever
    flavour i want ?

Appreciate any help provided.
    Thanks

AVF Regular
    115ml unflavored at 36mg, put 5ml into a 10ml bottle, use a doubler, add 5ml of the doubler, you get 10ml of flavored at 18mg,

Cuban Cigar e-Liquid

This is the basic kind of mix new vapers use, I've been experimenting (hehehehe!its glowing GREEN!!) but if your just starting dont rush and look into doublers on the AVF vendors section.
    BLS likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Retired Account
    Just one thing to consider.. you need to include the flavour as part of your final volume when you're working out how much nicotine to add.

If you're making a 30mL bottle with 36mg/mL nicotine liquid, you'll need to add 15mL of your nicotine liquid to get 18mg/mL liquid.
    If you wanted to make 12mg/mL eliquid, you'd need to add 10mL of the nicotine liquid to the 30mL bottle.
    The doublers from Aussie vendors are awesome, because you just need to use that 36mg/mL nicotine at a 50:50 ratio and no need to add anything else.
    You probably want to consider getting either your nicotine liquid or your doubler liquid with both VG and PG in it, if you want to balance flavour and vapour output.

If you get one of those as a 60:40 pg:vg ratio, and the other as 100:0 PG your final volume using a doubler with be 80:20 PG:VG which seems to be roughly ideal for a lot of people, including us.
    RichoVonBlack and BLS like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Hi everyone, well it's been 2 weeks off the tabbacco smokes only tried 1 smoke in all that time and chucked it away half way through it, so I am really happy with that.

I just need a bit of help with mixing unflavoured E-liquid for the first time, I brought 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid
    Strength - 18mg
    I have been vaping 18 mg USA red mix and feel that strength is good for me, now with the unflavoured do I just add flavour to that ?

Also got 115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid
    Strength - 36mg
    Now with this one do I just add appropiate amounts of PG & VG to cut it down to my target of 18mg ? then just add whatever
    flavour i want ?

Appreciate any help provided.
    Thanks
    If you got 115ml of 18mg/ml then adding flavor to it will drop the strength down below 18mg/ml.
    If 18mg/ml is your target strength, then what I would do in your situation is mix the 36mg/ml with the 18mg/ml, that will give you unflavored base of 27mg/ml & leave you room to mix in tripplers(not doublers). At a rate of 1 part trippler 2 parts nic base & get your desired 18mg/ml strength.
    Or mix the 18mg/ml & 36mg/ml together then use concentrated flavoring with PG & VG to make your own DiY juice up, this way also leaves more headroom for playing with the PG/VG ratio than using tripplers does.
    BLS likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    man, these number are all so confusing, aren't they? i get out my calculator and pencil and paper when ever i'm mixing up anything new. my head seems to work it out partly in percentages, partly in "parts" and partly in mls. no way i could explain to someone else exactly how it works in my brain, but it seems to go alright.
    Last edited by kay67kay; 26-03-13 at 02:29 PM.
    BLS likes this.

BLS
    Thanks everyone very much, sure is confusing at the start.
    I need to buy some doublers and/or tripplers, I missed those when ordering, what I did get was few differant 5 ml Dekang e juice 18 mg flavours to try out, plus a bottle of PG and a bottle of VG as well, with all the measures and plastic containers I thought I needed.
    So if I mixed the 18mg with the 36 mg unflavoured e juice that gives me 27 mg.
    I found an online e juice recipe calculator eJuice Recipe Calculator., I come up these amounts below, do those figures sound right to you ?

Nicotine Base 27 ...mg/ml
    Target Nicotine Level...18 mg/ml
    Amount to Create..... 5ml
    Flavor Percent .....20 %

Recipe
    ingredient ml drops* % of total

PG or VG with nicotine 3.3 ml 66 drops 66.0%
    PG or VG (no nicotine) 0.7 ml 14 drops 14.0%
    Flavoring(s) 1.0 ml 20 drops 20.0%

Also what be a good ratio for PG & VG added to get that 0.7 ml ?

Thanks everyone.

AVF Regular
    The dekang 18mg flavour should just be ready to vape without mixing if you're wanting to vape at 18mg. mixing it with a lil bit of the unflavoured 36mg nicotine would increase the nic, but dilute the flavour. the 36mg unflavoured is made to be mixed with a flavour doubler half and half to give you an 18mg juice.
    mrsgruffy and BLS like this.

CCC
    Just keep it simple to begin with. Get some doublers as close to 75/25 pg/vg as you can. Doesn't matter if you go a bit higher or lower with the ratios. Then mix them 50/50 with your 36mg unflavoured stuff.
    BLS likes this.

BLS
    Oh boy, this old brain ain't working to good these days, so these are already premixed with the nicotine already in them, don't have to add nothing to them, thank you very much.

BLS
    Thanks, I will get some doublers for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast