Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Returning to E-Cigs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Returning to E-Cigs

Hey guys,

I use to vape about 3 years a go, then I quit nicotine. I'm trying to quit smoking again and I'm thinking about getting back vaping, for financial and health reasons.

I am really out of touch with all the products these days, and although I know the basics - I have no idea what suppliers are the best and what products would suit my needs.

I used to buy everything from Heavens Gifts, but now I see there are a lot more vendors.

I used to smoke the Joy 510 I think, with mega atomizers and 28mg nicotine. I remember back then I would have preferred a stronger/bigger hit.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, maybe a starter kit? I would prefer longer last batteries (I'm at work all day and can't charge it), with the ability to vape big.

All the batteries are gone in my old gear, I'm sure the atomizers would still work though. I also have a lot of juice left - does anyone know if this is still safe? It has been sealed the entire time (since about August 2010).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ted

Sounds like you were not really feeling the nicotine. Genesis style attys tend to kick like a mule. Most people cut down on there levels when they start using them. There is a steep learning curve with them so prepare to do some homework if you go down that road. Personally, I would not use anything else.

Oh, and Hi Ted, welcome .
    Last edited by second_chance; 27-03-13 at 08:00 PM.

AVF Regular
    As a suggestion only,

Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit - Cobra Kit A

10ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors) [Z9 HC PG 10ml] - $2.80 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

You can buy the kit in Australia,
    You need to buy the e-nic from over seas,

Use UTube to reference, i.e CE4 clearomisers and or flavors, for strength of e-nic, its best to go up a level on what your smoking i.e. "I smoke 6mg Menthols, so i'll order 12mg e-juice,"

2010?, nope, I wouldn't risk it personally,
    Noe likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

the juice is probably fine imo, it may have dropped up to 10% in strength but even that is fairly unlikely.
    I would try it at least. I have stuff I still use from late 2010 and its no different so far as I can tell in its dilute form, the stronger stuff (36mg +) seems to degrade more as I think the nic attackes the plastics in the bottle.
    If it has a strong plastic taste, then its probably past its use by date or gives you a sore throat or similar, then toss it.
    GirlyPantz and RichoVonBlack like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    If Stoney has tried it with old juice then give it a go then, you'ld taste it if it was sh#t, I spent to long as a Cook in the Military so if it looked even slightly dodgy or old I'd bin it,,,,pissed the Bosses off big time,,,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

hah, I thought you where supposed to feed that stuff to the grunts and keep the good shit for the officers.

the opposite might be nice though.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    hah, I thought you where supposed to feed that stuff to the grunts and keep the good shit for the officers.

the opposite might be nice though.

RAAF Cook not Army,, but believe it or not, if you fed sh@t to the grunts,,,,,you hear about it,realllllllll quick, strangely I found the infantry the best to cook for,after a bastard of a day training they appreciated a good feed, just lots of it,

Edit: some of the best cooks I worked with where Army,,,,ugly as hell but good operators,
    shipo and margyb like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

I got most of my military smarts from watching MASH

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I got most of my military smarts from watching MASH
    Ain't no Nurses shaped like that in the real military,,,,,except Klinger,,,,(shudders from bad memories),
    shipo likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    As a suggestion only,

Electronic Cigarette eGo-T Starter Kit - Cobra Kit A

10ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors) [Z9 HC PG 10ml] - $2.80 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

You can buy the kit in Australia,
    You need to buy the e-nic from over seas,

Use UTube to reference, i.e CE4 clearomisers and or flavors, for strength of e-nic, its best to go up a level on what your smoking i.e. "I smoke 6mg Menthols, so i'll order 12mg e-juice,"

2010?, nope, I wouldn't risk it personally,
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The product description says "The kit comes with 2 1100mAh batteries that will last you around 10 hours per battery, plus 2 1.6ml CE4 clearomisers that last most people between 4-6 hours of vaping. Combined, the 2 e cigarettes will last you 1-2 days of vaping."

What exactly is a clearomiser? Is it just a clear atomiser? Also, why is there only 4-6 hours of vaping, are they disposable?

Another question, you said they don't sell e-nic, but they have flavour options when you buy it. Are e-nic and e-juice different things?

Thanks again.

Edit: I found my old gear, surprisingly the usb e-cig and one of the other batteries still work - they are weak though. And I tried the flavours I had, they still taste like menthol, peanut butter and coffee - I guess that's good.
    Last edited by Ted Oxenham; 27-03-13 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast